So many bugs with 3.30? Alot of new threads about it.

:arrow: How come there are multiple threads with install problems and crashing problems with 3.30? I have 3.22 on my pc as of now and I was going to update until I saw the threads. Should I be concerned and wait or can someone tell me what to do from here?

Shawn Edward Strickland

"The Strickalator"

And here. Plus, you have to delete it to seek tech support on this forum. And plugins from here on out will be released with 3.30 in mind. So...on to the download! :-)

Since this isn't a bug, I'm moving it to GDQ. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:arrow: How come there are multiple threads with install problems and crashing problems with 3.30? I have 3.22 on my pc as of now and I was going to update until I saw the threads. Should I be concerned and wait or can someone tell me what to do from here?

If you upgrade and things don't work, I will compensate your damages with cake.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Now you need to buy all of us cake!

Have fun.

Cake? What? :shock:

He installed PDN with no problem so... :lol::lol:

If you upgrade and things don't work, I will compensate your damages with cake.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Yeah it's just statistics. Any time there's an update, there's a corresponding flood of people installing it. The number of errors that are encountered in a given time period is proportional to the number of installations during that time period.

For example, let's say 10 people install Paint.NET brand new every week, with an average error rate of 1%. By week 100, that means that 1000 people have installed it and 10 have failed to install it at some random point during those 100 weeks. Now, let's say that at week 101 there is an update ... that means we get the 10 "new" installers and the 990 previous successful installations doing the update. So week 101 has 1000 total installations (990 updates + 10 new), and the same 1% error rate means 10 more new failures.

Now, look at the number of errors reported in the forum and compare it to the 250,000 downloads of Paint.NET 3.30 that I just counted from my webstats. There really aren't that many issues :) (that 250k number does not include downloads from anywhere else, e.g. betanews or download.com)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

It also doesn't include all the people who try the software, don't like or have problems, and simply don't bother reporting it.

As a programmer myself, I can attest that we were shocked by the number of errors users did not report once we started tracking errors directly. Users reported less than 1% of errors, and this is in a company where they know that the programmers have to work on it ASAP.

The few vocal users we had looked a lot more reasonable in this case, as they were actually more closely representing the issues than we originally thought.