Janettsue's Gallery

janettsue

Thanks Kemaru, oma and Helen. The snowman was fun.I have been working on a Santa that I just can't get right.

I think I will just put him away for now and move on. I had a hard time getting a pleasant look on his face and the perspective seems off.

th_1rooftop5sz.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

It looks really good, no need to worry about it. I think you have the perspective perfectly nailed down and the look on his face is very well done. I wonder what's inside those gift boxes!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking my Christmas sig and avatar down. I was going to make a new sig but then I came across my first or one of my first sigs. I remember how pleased I was that I could draw anything on the computer at all even three poor little flowers so I decided to revive them for a while.

3flowers-1.png3flowers2.png

I know this seems redundant right now but this post will remain and my signature will eventually change.

When I first did these poor flowers I didn’t mind the rough edges at all I just felt like I had accomplished something. Lucky for me that the great people on the pdn forum where always pointing such things as jagged edges out to me and pushing me always to do better. I am very fond of these 3 ugly flowers and all the people who took the time to help me do better and want better.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I was about to mention how pretty your sig was. I finally had a chance to visit. I just wanted to say that I really like the flowers. And don't be discouraged because they look really, really cute. Otherwise, I wouldn't have visited and complimented your work. :D

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you Helen. They remind me of icing on a cake now.

Thank you for remembering Oma and for all the encouragement you have always provided.

welshblue I would like those png's thank you. The instructions you sent were well put together and easy to understand, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so very much welshblue.

I started to try and orginize my photobucket and created some broken links. Forgive me I will try and get them all repaired.

This is a little piece of what I am working on right now. It is far from finished.

fairywkcrop.png

The inspiration for this came from a coloring book page.

coloringbook.jpg

That's so beautiful. I like her expression; it's so sweet. May I ask how you did the wings? I mean how you made the lines go in a a certain shape like that? This girl reminds me of the little mermaid, Ariel. Could it be the reddish hair? :D Please finish it. I want to see the result.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

My Fairy:

fairy9sz.png

These are some crops so you can get a better look at her. She is a pretty big file. I like using a bigger canvas with higher resolution when I work with the smudge tool because it allows me to see better what I am doing. I used sin waves and glass blocks on the backgroud and spiral for the wings and the design around the neck. I think I used some interlace on the leaves as it is a favorite effect of mine and off course a lot of gradients and layering. The smudge tool has changed what I can do but none of it would be possible without the other effects. Along the way my flowers where red, orage, white, yellow and I finally decided on blue. I would like to work on her a little more, hair texture maybe, but after three days she's going to bed for now.

th_fairy9sza.pngth_fairy9szb.pngth_fairy9szc.png

This was the first fairy I did, maybe a year ago. I still like her wings. I think that was splash and grid.

girlinreddress.png

My cat Powder!

th_medium_Catonic.jpg

th_powder001.jpg

Don't worry she does not live in a cage, that is from when I got her from the shelter.

I have been seeing fruit all over the place and went looking for the bannanas I did when I was new. Thought the cat pictures were funny and the bannanas too.

banana2.png

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x32/janettsue/janettsue%20video/?action=view&current=IfThereWereNoDreamsw2.flv

Something else I do with the images I make on pdn.

Oh my.... :shock: :shock: :shock: I just simply love both fairies! They're so tiny and splendid and beautiful!! I can see the time and effort you put in your illustrations. Bananas look great, too! Nice job, janettsue. :!: :D

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooh. I like it. I really like how the face and body look realistic. Great job! :P

P.S. We haven't heard from you in a while, but I'm happy you came and showed us what you're working on. I missed you!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA