Paint.NET and System Restore

Spikehead777

I am unable to run or reinstall Paint.NET

Just now, I had to do a system restore because I was unable to access the internet due to a recent spyware/malware incident. I have cleaned up my system of the spyware/malware problem after I did the system restore. When I tried running Paint.NET a couple of times about 5 minutes ago, all of the attempts resulted in crashes. Usually when I dislike a program or a program stops working, I will delete the program's main folder off my computer, and if I like the program, I'll reinstall the program again. So I deleted Paint.NET's folder of the computer, and attempted to reinstall it. It will show the first dialog box (extraction I assume), and crash. I tried a couple of times. I had a look in one of the topics that had a Windows Installer clean-up utility, but that utility didn't help. Can you guys help?

Wii Friend Codes (PM me with yours if you use mine): Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0087-3452-9356 Mario Kart Wii: 2234-8268-1808 Guitar Hero World Tour: 403891994256

I am able to reinstall and run Paint.NET again.

The problem was, I went back so far in system restore (because the last time I installed something was 3 weeks ago...it created a point then), that there apparently was a change in Microsoft's .NET Framework, and it corrupted 2.0 and above, of the framework. Trying to reinstall the framework was >_>, because I couldn't reinstall 3.0 again because it needed 2.0, and I couldn't reinstall 2.0 because it wouldn't remove in the first place.

More proof that system restore creates more problems than getting rid of them.

With my recent malware/spyware incident, I have found my own solution to it.

I have solved this problem, and so now this topic can die peacefully. *tears in eyes*

Wii Friend Codes (PM me with yours if you use mine): Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0087-3452-9356 Mario Kart Wii: 2234-8268-1808 Guitar Hero World Tour: 403891994256

More proof that system restore creates more problems than getting rid of them.

No. It's proof that you should just use the uninstaller instead of blasting away files like that.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg