Paint.net 3.30 is unusable on my PC

Moredread

Hi,

after the update to 3.30, my Paint.net is unusable on my Vista SP1 PC because it crashes allways, when I want to save something. When I click "Save" in the file menu, I receive an error message and the application close. I receive a pdncrash.log which contains the following:

Application version: Paint.NET v3.30 (Final Release Build 3.30.3020.1408)

Time of crash: 12.04.2008 13:54:19

Application uptime: 00:00:06.5310000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.65536 Service Pack 1 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.1434 x86

Processor: 2x "Genuine IntelĀ® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz" @ ~1666MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3)

Physical memory: 2015 MB

UI DPI: 120,00 dpi (1,25x scale)

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 12.04.2008

Locale: pdnr.c: de-DE, hklm: de-DE, hkcu: n/a, cc: de-DE, cuic: de-DE

Features log: UpdatesState(StartupState), UpdatesState(ReadyToCheckState), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PaintBrushTool), HM(NullHistoryMemento), PopulateFonts(), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ToolsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ColorsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.HistoryForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.LayerForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.MainForm), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PencilTool), HM(BitmapHistoryMemento), Menu.File, SaveAs

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.30.3020.1408, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.30.3020.1405, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.30.3020.1403, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.30.3020.1404, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.30.3020.1404, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.30.3020.1405, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.30.3020.1406, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

DdsFileType, Version=1.11.3020.1408, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll

IcoCur, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\IcoCur.dll

Exception details:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070003)

bei PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.NativeMethods.SHGetFolderPathW(IntPtr hwndOwner, Int32 nFolder, IntPtr hToken, UInt32 dwFlags, StringBuilder lpszPath)

bei PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Shell.GetCSIDLPath(Int32 csidl)

bei PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Shell.GetVirtualPath(VirtualFolderName folderName)

bei PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.GetDefaultSavePath()

bei PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.DoSaveAsDialog(String& newFileName, FileType& newFileType, SaveConfigToken& newSaveConfigToken, Surface saveScratchSurface)

bei PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.DoSaveAs()

bei PaintDotNet.Menus.FileMenu.MenuFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

bei PaintDotNet.PdnMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Uninstalling paint.net and reinstall it doesn't fix the problem.

I had this problem with beta 2 a few times, although I deleted my pdncrash. I works fine with 3.30 Release candidate 1 now. For me anyway, good luck :wink:

EliteOverride25.png

:) Visit-> My Website <-Visit :)

Please Call Me Elite Override

The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.

Hmmm... if I open a picture, I can save it, but not, if I create a new one. Resizing the picture, deleting it with the rubber and then start painting works too. If I open paint.net over a shortcut it crashes when I click save...

You both still have the latest version of .NET framework, right? (Or at least 2.0?)

Ā 

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

(Or at least 2.5?)

There is no 2.5.

You mean 2.0, I think.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Bah. Yeah. I was mixing up 3.5 (latest release) and 2.0 (req'd for PdN). Hush, you. :-)

Thanks for the catch.

Ā 

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yeah, it was the picture folder. It is located on my fileserver, and the server was powered off... that explains, why it works when I open a picture and edit it.

OK, Problem solved. Thanks :)