GEORGE

nerd.png

concerning http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1151

I am amazed at Georges post in the forum. It just goes to show that some people really are jerk wads.

He is one of those nerds who defends to the death their opinions... believing that everything they think is fact and that everyone else is completely wrong about everything...

Well I hope he dies in a horrific airbrush related accident..... (not really but wouldn't that be ironic?!)

Now aatwo, you're going to have to stop making those images! Paint.NET is a joke of an image program and certainly can't be used to make anything of quality. How do you expect to make a worthwhile image with an airbrush?

<_<

And a more serious note:

Awesome tribute image! I laughed my bum off. I'm on my way to the hospital to get it sewn back on.

\m/ >_< \m/

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, but insulting me cannot change the fact that Paint.Net has only ONE poor paint tool.

All free paint programs you can find on internet offer dozens of different paint tools, and there are ones that even simulate water colors, like ArtRage 2:

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

Looking at the simplicistic Paint.net pencil brush one cannot avoid to think that this is an amateurish project without any practical use.

I just do not understand the design choices behind this software, where a lot of effort is put in some advanced effects, but ironically the most basics tools are missing, forcing the users to do some messy acrobatics with the interface to emulate them (as we can see from the tutorials in the forum).

I believe the cause lies in the fact that a programmer, not a graphician, made the design for Paint.net. And programmers do not have any hint about the graphicians workflow, and believe that adding some fancy layer blending option is more important to adding an airbrush. But maybe I'm wrong, and those above are well pondered choices to reach some goal that baffles me. If this is the case, then sorry and bye bye.

george

All free paint programs you can find on internet offer dozens of different paint tools, and there are ones that even simulate water colors, like ArtRage 2:

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

Well... the airbrush is available in ArtRage2 only in the Full version (non-free). Maybe if you give money to Paint.net developers, they might have time enough to design an airbrush tool. Until then, they choose what they put in their program and you do with it or you just use another tool.

I personnally use layers and effects and "advanced" options more often than I miss an airbrush.

443e54916a971.jpg