Paint.NET v3.30 -- Now available!

Well this has been an interesting release to push out the door ... all sorts of interesting hurdles have come up including hardware threatening to fail, myself being really busy with other cool stuff at my day job, translators with food poisoning (they are better now thankfully!), and pyrochild's computer refusing to work with a test build.

Have no fear though, it's here! Download it via the built-in updater from the Help -> Check for Updates menu item, or just go straight to the website: http://www.getpaint.net/

Changes since v3.22:

* New: Italian translation.
    * New: Ability to save PNG's at 8- and 24-bit color depths.
    * New: Ability to save BMP's at 8-bit color depth.
    * New: "Auto-detect" bit-depth option for PNG, BMP, and TGA file types. It will analyze the image and determine the lowest bit-depth that can still save the image without quality loss.
    * New: "Fragment" blur effect, by Ed Harvey
    * New: The "Polar Inversion" distortion effect has been enhanced to allow changing the rendering offset, and the behavior for "edge" pixels (clamp, reflect, or wrap).
    * New: For developers, added a Color Wheel control to IndirectUI for use in effect plugins.
    * New: For developers, added ability to customize certain properties of the effect configuration dialog via IndirectUI.
    * New: For developers, IndirectUI can now be used to write configuration UI for file types.
    * New: For developers, IndirectUI has a new radio button control type for enumerations, and some new property constraint rules.
    * Changed: Most effects and adjustments, including plugins that use IndirectUI, have been visually refreshed. The new look is cleaner and more compact. These changes are shown in more detail at http://blog.getpaint.net/2008/03/10/cle ... tnet-v330/
    * Fixed: Various UI issues with the Levels adjustment.
    * Fixed: When pasting text into the Text tool with Ctrl+V, it would hide the nub for moving the text.
    * Fixed: If the startup tool was set to the Zoom or Pan (Hand) tool, then the toolbar would render incorrectly.
    * Fixed: Thumbnails for PDN images now include transparency, which improves their appearance in Windows Vista.
    * Fixed: In some cases, an exponential property slider would get "stuck" at some values when using up/down keyboard keys. This mostly affects some effect plugins.
    * Fixed: When using keyboard navigation, sometimes the File menu would scroll its items out of view.
    * Fixed: Some crashes that were tracked down to out-of-bounds coordinate values in certain effects.
    * Fixed: The installer would fail if Paint.NET had never been installed before, and was being installed to any non-default directory. This bug only affected version 3.22.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thank you! :)

But oh noes!!

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\AlphaEmboss.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.AngleChooserConfigToken
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.AngleChooserConfigToken' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.30.3020.1406, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

You've raised the bar of quality yet again! Thank you, Rick.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No problem, but I think nobody knows who was the maker of this plugin.

So there's not gonna be updates.

I guess I won't be using this plugin again...oh well.

With all respect to the original author, you could decompile it and fix it

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

But oh noes!!

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.AngleChooserConfigToken' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.30.3020.1406, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I've never heard of that plugin, and search returns this thread. :shock:

But oh noes!!

I've never heard of that plugin, and search returns this thread. :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4577&p=98630&hilit=Alpha+Emboss#p98630

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

this may have been there forever, not sure, but: why do Move pixels and Move selection both have the shortcut key M? (bit confusing)

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

this may have been there forever, not sure, but: why do Move pixels and Move selection both have the shortcut key M? (bit confusing)

Please do not ask this in the update thread. Create a new thread for non-update related questions.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

All of my plugins have just been updated for this release.

No problem, but I think nobody knows who was the maker of this plugin.

So there's not gonna be updates.

I guess I won't be using this plugin again...oh well.

With all respect to the original author, you could decompile it and fix it

No. You can't.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Does this mean that splatter'll work?

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Does this mean that splatter'll work?

That's exactly what it means; but this should be asked in the thread for his plugin pack. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Wow. This has been an unusual update for me. I was going to make this a thread in the Troubleshooting forum but I am just not sure...

When I updated Paint.NET to v3.30 it turned on my UAC. I have a patched UXTHEME.dll so Vista marked my registery and my System Files corrupted. Of course that meant that I simply could not boot into Vista at all. Not even Safe Mode.

If anybody has similar problems then you are going to have to bear through a 'System Repair'. It will perform regular diagonostic tests and then do a disc scan. After about fifteen minutes it will want to revert to a past System Restore Point. The most recent one is the one Paint.NET made, obviously. Go ahead and run it and then restart. After that boot into Safe Mode and run MSCONFIG.exe. Go to Tools and launch the Disable UAC task. Once Command Prompt says it has finished, restart and you will be good to go.

signature.png

Go to Tools and launch the Disable UAC task. Once Command Prompt says it has finished, restart and you will be good to go.

Why are you disabling UAC? That's one of the absolute worst and most stupid security changes you can can make on a Vista system.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Go to Tools and launch the Disable UAC task. Once Command Prompt says it has finished, restart and you will be good to go.

Why are you disabling UAC? That's one of the absolute worst and most stupid security changes you can can make on a Vista system.

Read my post. I have a patched UXTHEME.dll. And besides, UAC is extremely troublesome with a lot of my programs. I will stick without a UAC and a Virus Protector like I have for years. Never have I had a problem because I only download things I trust. I am just trying to help out others who make 'stupid changes' as well.

signature.png

It is not working for me. I cannot install plugins or use my current plugins.

You need to read the threads and then post in Troubleshooting.