How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

If this question relates to the settings of the icon plugin, surely this conversation should be held in the Icon Plugin thread?

<Merged two previous posts + this one>

• 2 weeks later...

Aw man lol.... sorry this is going to sound a bit awkward guys but someone messaged me in response to this thread which is no longer available for some reason. :(

To the person that messaged me in regards to the cursors I made that saw them here (Stanley), Thanks bud as I appreciate it the feedback! =) I did indeed use this plug in to create those (Animated Cursor & Icon Plug-In ver.3.7) and explained it more in "The Pictorium" on my personal posts where everyone posts their creations located here RFX's Stuff

In regards to your other question, I don't use Windows Blinds to modify my UI, I use Tune Up Utilities as it's free and does so much more than changing the UI appearance. Hopefully that helps!

note: I have no idea if the person that contacted me would check back here however they were very nice and asked a few questions in reference to this thread and how I used it to change my windows themes. I had to at least thank them for the compliments and explain it if they ever return. I'd feel bad if I haden't.

• Upvote 1

RFX5A1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have problems saving .ani files in 512 x 512 size? Also after associating the .ani file with PDN, thumbnail change into the generic one used for PDN. Before I even tried to open the .ani files with PDN they already have thumbnails showing the preview of what it looks like. Same thing with the .cur files. Now it looks just like the PDN logo. How can I fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

This plugin works great!  Thank you so much!

You can even create completely different icons for various sizes, using the named layers as outlined in this thread.

I'm attaching the example icon I created like that, I think it will help those who learn best from example.  (I'd love to attach it as a PDN file, but the forum won't accept it.)  Just open it with Paint.NET after installing the plugin, and you'll see how the layers are named and organized.  Of course when saving as ICO, choose the "each layer as an image..." option.

icon_layer_test.ico

• 3 months later...

Hi, JM and welcome to pdn

I am not aware of any way to do this. It is embedded in the file. When the ico is made it can be 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 bit or anything that the creator wanted to exclude. I can open icons with a paid program and see what is included.

• 3 months later...

I really like this plugin, but the resampling seems off. It looks like it's using bi-linear instead of the much better bi-cubic resampling when I'm converting an image above 64x64 to a .ICO file (see comparison below).

Is there any way to get it to use PDN's bicubic resampling, or am I missing something?

resampling_comparison.png

Edited by fireforge

• 2 months later...

Is this link broken for anyone else? (5/15/2014)

Confirmed, the site is offline.

The Internet Archive has a copy of the dll located here.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Hello,

This is my first post so hope I'm in the right place. I wanted to download the ico plugin from evanolds last night, but am unable to connect via the plugin link. I just get a message saying "server not found" or similar.

I tried connecting to a few other plugin links to see if the same thing happened, but had no problem with any others bringing up the 'save' box.

If I google evanolds I don't get the 'server not found' message and I have read a few pages of posts to see if anyone else has mentioned this as a problem, but no luck.

I am not a knowledgeable tech person and assume that my problem is something quite simple, but just don't know how to get past it. Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

JinnyB.

Hello Jinny - welcome to the forum,

It seems there is a problem with that link.
User 'Null54' has posted a link that works (last post in the icon thread) - I have copied his link here - should take you to the archive download.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120421134740/http://www.evanolds.com/dl/IcoCur.dll

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thankyou very much Red Ochre.

I had just now realised that I had not read right to the last page on the subject, I do apologise. Thankyou very much for politely overlooking my shortcomings in finding my way around.

Regards JinnyB.

@JinnyB -  I've merged this topic with the thread for that plugin.  This is the right place to put it :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Karael and Welcome.  Yes, his link page seems to be 'down'.  This has happened before - hopefully it will be back soon :) .

Edit:  I found another site for the Animated Cursor Maker by Evan Olds and have checked it for virus's and it got an all clear.  But you will need to check it as well just in case.  Here is the link.

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @Auntie:  There is a link on the post above yours and also another link <nononononononono!>

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Any link but that one

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I've attached the dll to the first post.  No need to be posting alternate links.

Sorry about that second link @EER :( .

I received an automated reply to the thread, from @Aunty, in which that link showed up. I thought it was a 'mirror' link to the plugin, I could not see it mentioned in her post, so I added it without thinking.  The mystery is where did that link come from?  Perhaps @Aunty had edited that link after I got the automated reply?

Whatever the reason, I do apologise for posting a 'nononono'  smiley-ashamed001.gif 

I am No-No Nanette after all :lol: .

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be able to open and save ico files, but now I get this:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void PaintDotNet.Surface.SuperSamplingFitSurface(PaintDotNet.Surface)'.

at PaintDotNet.Data.PDNIcoCurFormat.GetBMImageFromDoc(Size desiredSize)

at PaintDotNet.Data.PDNIcoCurFormat.SaveImagesMerged(EOIcoCurWriter icoWriter)

at PaintDotNet.Data.PDNIcoCurFormat.OnSave(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 284

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass30.<DoSave>b__28() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2954

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

Using
paint.net 4.0.3
IcoCur.dll 3.7.0.0

Update 1: After removing all Effects from the folder, I can now save as a .ico... Looks like I'll be hunting down which one is the culprit since the program doesn't show any failed plugins in the settings.
Final Update: Well that's embarrassing... Some of the .dll's that were in the FileTypes were also in the Effect folder. After removing those, everything works fine... Don't make my mistake :/ !!!

Edited by CentauriBoy

@CentauriBoy said: 

Update 1: After removing all Effects from the folder, I can now save as a .ico... Looks like I'll be hunting down which one is the culprit since the program doesn't show any failed plugins in the settings.

Final Update: Well that's embarrassing... Some of the .dll's that were in the FileTypes were also in the Effect folder. After removing those, everything works fine... Don't make my mistake :/ !!!

Been there - done that =O So glad you got it working again :lightning:

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...