California School Budget Cut of 11million a year?!

Richard

Apparently, the government has decided to cut our school budget of about 11,000,000 dollars a year!

Please help us sign this petition to stop this madness!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/figh ... index.html

If we allow this to happen, many chain reactions would occur.

First, naturally, the schools would not have enough money to support electives and supplies. This will cause less enthusiasm in schools, and some people might join gangs. School/gang violence would increase by 20%!

Secondly, the students of California will not get the same elective benefits as before. That means, no choir, guitar, band, orchestra, computer, art, sports, etc. Many colleges and Universities require electives to be taken. And guess what, we have nothing to do about it.

Unless you sign the petition.

Thank you for understanding what I am saying in the state of emergency. This means a lot to me, and a lot to the kids of Cailfornia.

rich.png

Sig by CommanderSozo. Kiss him. Now. :D

*The above post is not to be taken seriously. The above post contains sarcasm, and if you were offended by the above post, it is purely coincidental

Sign here __________*

If you use PdN, don't click this.

Ok, suprisingly, this isn't as bad as it sounds.

In California there are approx. 95000 schools, which divided by 11 million comes to around a loss of budget of $1200.

I'm pretty sure a school would be able to recover those funds through different methods, if only cancelling un-educational visits and other things.

I just don't know what a usual school budget would be, however.

you know why this is appening cause bush screwed up the economy by going to war for no reason leaving american in trillons of dollers of debt!

also i never sign my name to anything if i can help it i dont like the idea of the governement finding me :P

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

you know why this is appening cause bush screwed up the economy by going to war for no reason leaving american in trillons of dollers of debt!

also i never sign my name to anything if i can help it i dont like the idea of the governement finding me :P

And I'm sure that helps us, doesn't it.

rich.png

Sig by CommanderSozo. Kiss him. Now. :D

*The above post is not to be taken seriously. The above post contains sarcasm, and if you were offended by the above post, it is purely coincidental

Sign here __________*

If you use PdN, don't click this.

Well Punisher, I signed, and I don't have anything to do with the area: I live in sunny England and I've been to California once in my life. Four or five years ago.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

@ Rubrica: Yes, I know... It's a tiny place, just south of Mediocre Britain. Just take a left in 30 miles, then another left, immediately take a right and another right straight after that one. Then... *snore*

It was actually quite sunny today, sailing (my PE option), but the water was freezing! Everyone in the boat, all two of them, was terrified that we'd capsize and freeze... It was so cold that the instructor told us that if anyone fell in etc. he'd swing by and pick us up. Unfun.

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

o_rly.jpg

See above.

The PM's office created this system of online petitioning as a way of gauging popular opinion, but it grew so popular (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6349027.stm that the PM's officials in charge of the system had to change it rather radically. Something about a clause saying that they may not be acted upon, although with that many signatures, some things are hard to ignore.

~John Lennon

Same thing happened to my school. And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I don't beleive anything will change their minds. No matter how much energy you put into it, their not going to change it. For them, money first, reality second.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Mind you, you want to read something really sickening, take a peek at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7336878.stm

For those of you who aren't in the know: NHS (Wiki this)

~John Lennon