How come my computer activates i-tunes when I open paintnet?

I downloaded paint.net just a few moments ago, and my i-tunes popped up, not thinking anything of it I x-ed it out and waited patiently for another window to pop up.

It didn't.

When I went to my downloads and tried to open the program from there, i-tunes once again popped up. All I can guess is that it somehow downloaded itself somewhere on it. I tried to re-download it, clicking "open with windows explorer" when asked. The same thing happened - what's going on and how can I download this successfully and get started.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

It will only let me open it with i-tunes - if I try to open it with windows explorer or firefox about 200 (not exaggerating) windows pop up. I tried right-clicking it but there's no "explore" or any other listed way to unzip it.

It will only let me open it with i-tunes - if I try to open it with windows explorer or firefox about 200 (not exaggerating) windows pop up. I tried right-clicking it but there's no "explore" or any other listed way to unzip it.

When you right-click - what are the options (not the sub-items of them)?

KaHuc.png

Okay, I've done that, but once again, there's no option to unzip it - I think it's because it downloaded itself onto i-tunes but I don't know what to download it to (that was the default for some weird reason) The only options are now "open, cut, copy, delete, and properties".

Okay, I've done that, but once again, there's no option to unzip it - I think it's because it downloaded itself onto i-tunes but I don't know what to download it to (that was the default for some weird reason) The only options are now "open, cut, copy, delete, and properties".

When you right-click on the file after you opened it in it's parent folder - is there an "Explore" option?

KaHuc.png

now that I look closely, it doesn't have "open folder location" just "open file location"

I did click that, went to the new window, right clicked and only got,

Play

Open file location

Open

Scan with AVG

Open With >>

Send to >>

Cut

Copy

Create shortcut

Delete

rename

properties

• 4 weeks later...
the options are:

Play

Open

Scan with AVG

Open with >

Share...

Send to >

Cut

Copy

Create Shortcut

Delete

Open folder location

Rename

Properties

If you move your mouse to the Open With > menu item, what are your options?

Do you have the option to Choose Program...?