Another malfuncion in Levels adjustment?

Thanks for PDN. It is a really great program!

I have just started to explore some effects and adjustments.

I found the levels adjustment, yesterday and it seemed to do almost exactly what I needed.

But today, it doesn't seem to do anything!

All I am trying to do is to set the input black point to a higher value so that I can adjust text I have written to be (almost) completely black. Today whatever I do with the input levels controls it has no effect on the image. (Adjusting the output levels, however, does have an effect.)

I am using v3.30 Beta 2 (build 3.30.2993.35482).

I note in topic Malfunction of Levels Adjustment, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23215&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=levels, that Rick Brewster wrote:

Fixed for the next update.
regarding the problem in which the sliders did not move when the spin button was used.

I don't know if by "next update" Rick meant beta 2, but, if so, it still doesn't seem to be working for me.

BTW, the reason I needed to use the levels adjustment was to darken the text after it had been rotated, because it tends to blur when you do this and is nothing like so readable. Is there any way to write text at an angle in the first place? (Has to be any number of degrees, not just 15 deg increments to be any use for my application.) Also is there any way to keep text completely black, both when you write it and when you rotate it?

Yes, please do. Let me know if there are any issues. I've already created the final build for 3.30, so now the bar for fixing any bug for this release is "data corruption or critical security issue". But I could get it in for the next update after that.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg