Problem:Unfreeze opening trying to open with paint.net, why?

Recently I downloaded Unfreez, for the fun of making animations. It's been working just fine, i havent had any problems with it until today. I went to open it like normal, but it tried to open with Paint.net, NOT normal. Of course it can't open with Paint.net, but now I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone know anyway I can get it working again. I've even deleted and downloaded it various times, but it still keeps trying to open with Paint.net. Please help! :cry:

minelol.png

Have patience! Your answer will come, be it helpful or not. ;)

Are you saying that Paint.NET is trying to open a program? That makes no sense whatsoever...

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Could you give some more information on the name of the item you are trying to open? For example: does it end with ".gif" or ".exe".

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

there I put mod at the title i hope thast what you meant XD And yeah what Imsaying is when I click to open unfreez, it TRIES to open with paint.net and of course it cant. and its a zip file I still cant get it to open normal.

umm no. A mod is a term used for a moderator. Which is a member who was given powers to delete, move, or lock a user, user topic, post, ect. You may want to read the rules and the numbers I said in my last post.

Ok for some reason you have told Paint.NET to open compress files. So for now we will try and to open the ZIP file and then we will try to tell another program made for opening ZIP files to open any other ZIPs you may download.

So right-click on the .ZIP file and go to open with and then click Compressed (Zipped) Folder. That will let you open the ZIP file.

FIXED! Thank you everyone. I found the problem. Somehow my compressed (zipped) folder dissapeared, so I had to get Winzip. I changed the prgram and now everything is working fine. Thank you to all of you, especially that video *huggles* I was doing teh right thing all along, there just wasnt a program to open them with any longer. But now everything is working perfectly, Im so happy!

minelol.png

compressed (zipped) folder is still on your system. It comes with the OS. You just need to browse for it thats all.

Anyway glad you got it fixed.

No I browsed for it but it really isnt there, I had one of those expert people work on the comp real fast through the desktop sharing where he controls, and he himself browesed and couldnt find it, either he sucks or it really isnt there. He directed me to winzip lol

minelol.png

compressed (zipped) folder is still on your system. It comes with the OS. You just need to browse for it thats all.

Anyway glad you got it fixed.

No I browsed for it but it really isnt there, I had one of those expert people work on the comp real fast through the desktop sharing where he controls, and he himself browesed and couldnt find it, either he sucks or it really isnt there. He directed me to winzip lol

ah I see. Well he could not find it because it not a .exe but a .dll. Inorder to fix it now you would have find a patch or edit the settings for it in the registry. Lets not go into any of that as editing the registry could lead to problems that could do harm to your system. Just keep using WinZIP or WinRAR.