Image Question and help

BlakesDesigns

I'm playing with my business logo for a shirt that I'm making and ran into something weird. Here is the original image:

2391148996_1c88c3ef7d.jpg

I selected the black stroke outlining the star and applied a pencil sketch. No matter what I make the values for range and pencil tip size, some areas are solid black. This is what I get.

2390316651_02c59a6873.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? If this should have been in bug reports, I apologize. I figured that would be for program crashes and hangups. Thanks for any help.

hmm thats wierd, i really have no idea what you can do im no expert, Ive only beenmessing with paint.net for a while but good luck finding someone who knows :)

minelol.png

Is your image merged/flattened? Because the radial blurs you have used have also changed after the application of the effect. If you could extract the star and replace onto its own individual layer, then apply the effect, that might work.

Give it a go, you can't lose anything with trying.

Hmmm well at first I DID think teh middle might be affecting you and in this case I guess so...I'll actually do what you did and tell if if i got teh same thing so that you can be sure :)

minelol.png

Thanks for testing it out. I guess I can just put the effect on a regular star and then place that on top of the original.

Some plugins use the whole image to calculate the effect, even for a selection.

So the good advice is to copy/paste the selection to a new layer and apply the effect on it separatly...