Liquify (Beta!) Updated 4.1.08

Liquify

The Ultimate Distortion

Liquefy is a common filter for users common to Photoshop, so with help from Pyrochild and others I have began to replicate the UI and all from Liquefy. It acts like a brush with various distortions available such as push, velocity, twist, bulge, and shrink. Using this plugin you can easily turn any image into a completely different image. For instance, chaning a fat guy into a skinny guy, making a cow into a deer, or simply widineing those eyes. Believe me, this is a plugin you will not want to miss!

LiquifyOne.png

LiquifyTwo.png

LiquifyThree.png

LiquifyFour.png

LiquifyFive.png

LiquifySix.png

LiquifySeven.png

Dont Download

You cannt find it in Effects> Distort> Liquefy

UPDATED: Further aproximation for the density and pressure settings have been added upon request.

As you can see, the UI for this plugin is just as powerful as its Photoshop counterpart. Simply creating a .PNG you can load a mesh that will read the differences in Alpha and use it to distort the image. As well, there are easy tools too see where you have distorted, easy ways to mark where you need to distort, and even more.

Features to Be Included in a Future Release:

I eventually want to add the ability to save distorts as XMLs

I want to be able to map effects to brushes

I want to add support for blurs

I want to fix the typos in this post

• Upvote 1
signature.png

Best. Plugin. Ever. :-) Good job, Mike. But a request: can we add in decimal values in the "pressure" and "density" values? Thanks!

Incredible work, though.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

With zoom levels other than 100%, the brush doodad does not adjust its size appropriately.

Also, you should consider looking into Paint.NET's BrushPreviewRenderer class, as that gives a much prettier outline than that... thing.

:)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I thought I'd wait for it to come out of beta first.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

CodeLab is still a beta!

But I guess CodeLab's already been put through the paces and proven to be pretty solid. And it came from Tom Jackson, no less.

ehhhh, you win... :|

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Madjik, the previous versions were just alpha builds I gave out to a few select testers so that I didnt make a large fool of myself when I released it.

TeachesWithPDN, be sure you know how the UI works and all of that before you let them try it. You might find yourself in a world of confusement.

Also, I hope to get another plugin update out of the door by tommorow. I hope everyone enjoys!

signature.png

Surely you havent downloaded it. Unless someone changed my directory (mods). Download it again, and if still doesnt work then close PDN, restart your computer, and redownload. This can sometimes be caused by a disfunctional .NET Framework, which you might want to reinstall.

signature.png