New & Updated Plugins Section

I'm sure there are many other Paint.net users with OCD who repeatedly scour through the Plugins webpages several times a day to see if there are any new plugins or updates to the existing plugins.

Perhaps, a New & Updated Plugins Section could be created wherein these new or updated plugins published within the current week are localized?

...eh?

Why is this needed? When a plugin is updated, it's shown as a new post in the Plugins forum.

And besides, there's talk of a Paint.NET-based plugins management system, a la Mozilla. :-) Not needed. There is no active thread in the Mod section.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

When a plugin is updated, it's shown as a new post in the Plugins forum.

But then it is hard to know whether the new post is an update notification or simply a comment.

Seriously, un-lazy yourself.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Many plugin writers are writing the date of the last update in the tread title.

Remembering which version you have of over 160 plugins?

Versions are a problem. But if i can remember last time i checked the forum; a date for last update will be very helpful.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Besides, what do you lose if you accidentally re-download the same plugin? It just updates over the top. No worries!

Generally, all of us can accept the premise that things improve when useful changes are implemented. We also recognize that dissatisfaction (which can be called laziness by some) is often the inspiring force for improvements.

Currently, plugins are labelled according to the individual tastes of their creators. Those who wish to call it a new version will do just that. Some may even run several versions on the plugins forum pages. Those who wish to inform others of an update by dating the plugin will also do so. With the multiplication of forum pages for collated groups of plugins as well as a secondary posting for each individual plugin in that group, the plugins forum pages begin to look increasingly challenging.

If it's too much work it may not be worth considering such a request but if not, why not?