Shockworks

DarkShock

Glad you like them Sharp. :wink:

In other news: NEW STYLE!!! :D I'm going to try working with brushes a little bit more. They are kinda hard for me to work with and they are not as easy as C4Ds, but they come out great. I need some feedback on how you guys like my first sig using brushes and no C4Ds. Here ya go:

Asuka.png

eh, too many grunge brushes. and the glow around her is :/

but you're improving. :)

eh, too many grunge brushes. and the glow around her is :/

but you're improving. :)

I had a feeling I should have deleted the glow. I cant still get rid of it easily. :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Try 100% PDN :)

Also, I dont like the blue glow around her hair. The cutout of the hair isn't perfect, and the glow just kind of highlights that.

I think the hair came out the way it did because of how it was rendered. What do you mean by 100% PdN? You mean don't use brushes?

Yeah, that's what I meant. For example, put the render against a black BG, then compare to it on a white BG. The black would look better. And by 100% PDN I mean don't use C4D's/brushes/stocks etc. (Besides the render)

Well well well, nice you're trying out new stuff :)

I totally agree with TopHATslash.

It looks a bit overcontrasted, too, but I think it has really nice depth.

The foreground brush (the glowy one) looks awesome, like an effect straight out of a videogame :)

The background is a bit too sharp imo.

Try 100% PDN :)

Also, I dont like the blue glow around her hair. The cutout of the hair isn't perfect, and the glow just kind of highlights that.

I think the hair came out the way it did because of how it was rendered. What do you mean by 100% PdN? You mean don't use brushes?

Yeah, that's what I meant. For example, put the render against a black BG, then compare to it on a white BG. The black would look better. And by 100% PDN I mean don't use C4D's/brushes/stocks etc. (Besides the render)

Whats wrong with those

Glad you like them Sharp. :wink:

In other news: NEW STYLE!!! :D I'm going to try working with brushes a little bit more. They are kinda hard for me to work with and they are not as easy as C4Ds, but they come out great. I need some feedback on how you guys like my first sig using brushes and no C4Ds. Here ya go:

Asuka.png

I like it, the glow around her a bit... strong. The background looks good. and the light blue stuff looks good near her hands. Why not try a mixture of c4ds and brushes?

omExTE6.png

I like it, the glow around her a bit... strong. The background looks good. and the light blue stuff looks good near her hands. Why not try a mixture of c4ds and brushes?

I had a feeling the glow wasn't really needed. I was thinking about using C4Ds and brushes, but I changed my mind. I might try it out in the future.

I've wanted to try sigs without brushes or C4Ds, but it's kinda hard hard to do that. It might take me a while to master that.

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Hey guys what about this one:

Taokaka.png

I was going for a high contrast look on this one. :)

very nice darkshock very nice have you ever thought about branching out from sigs and doing some wallpapers or such?

Yeah, I've been asked that plenty time now. :D

I'm thinking about it. :)

Whats wrong with those

Nothing's wrong with them, just personally it feels more like I made the sig, and less like I copied and pasted other peoples work over a render.

In regards to your latest, sig, It looks cool, but the yellow border looks off. I think it would look better if it was just 1-2 px.

I guess my next video will be recorded video me me making a sig in Paint.NET 3.5 Beta 1. :D

I'm pumped.

I like how you are experimenting with brushes, but I would really suggest trying art without C4Ds, brushes, and other work not made by you. Just try using a blank page, and some imagination, and experiment with some plugins.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm preparing to make the next video right now. I've chosen my render and I might have the video Public tomorrow. :wink:

Ok, so I'm having trouble with the video. Well it is finished, but for some reason the video has been in the processing state for hours now. I've already uploaded it twice and the problem is still there. I might have to postpone the video. :(

I don't think I really need to split it. The video is less than 5 minutes. I think YouTube might have been doing a little bit of maintenance yesterday, so I'm going to try it again today...

Yes! The video is now on YouTube! I did another upload and this one actually finished processing. I'll update the gallery later today. :D