What type of computer do you use?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What type of computer do you use?

• Laptop
    • Desktop
    • Both - Laptop Primarily
    • Both - Desktop Primarily
    • I use both pretty-much interchangeably

Desktop 100% of the time. I dont plan on getting a laptop anytime soon, unless I suddenly become rich and get a laptop capable of running world in conflict on max settings.

Currently a desktop, but at some point in the future I intend to get a cheap laptop & run linux on it & use that for internet & distractions like that wherever I happen to be & use my desktop for more serious music making & PDNing & stuff like that.

Though I have already filled it up.

i slmost filled mine up but i uninstalled inreal tournament that broke and deleted loads of planet renders resources now im only using up 10 of the 30 gb hard drive :D

im *always* on my HP vista laptop. always. i only go on the desktop one if i have to print out something (which isn't really often so no worries) bc i don't have a wireless printer for my laptop. i am so used to my laptop! every time i go on the desktop, the mouse and the keyboard...they are just so weird to me now!!! (bc before i got my laptop, i always used to be on the desktop) :lol: my keyboard on my HP is flat (duh), the desktop one is like, raised. so its really hard to get used to. but i don't care, im only on there for about 12 seconds. :roll:

I don't see Server on that list. I am sitting in my living room with 4 computers. My gaming Rig which is a Server, My laptop, My Linux Server, and my hardware testing desktop.

im *always* on my HP vista laptop. always. i only go on the desktop one if i have to print out something (which isn't really often so no worries) bc i don't have a wireless printer for my laptop. i am so used to my laptop! every time i go on the desktop, the mouse and the keyboard...they are just so weird to me now!!! (bc before i got my laptop, i always used to be on the desktop) :lol: my keyboard on my HP is flat (duh), the desktop one is like, raised. so its really hard to get used to. but i don't care, im only on there for about 12 seconds. :roll:

You know that you can set up your printer to be shared across a network? Even if it isnt a WiFi enabled printer?

Well nirmally I use an XP desktop, but sometimes, for instance, now, I use my father's HP G6065 Vista laptop with 160GB or harddrive and 2GB RAM.

You know that you can set up your printer to be shared across a network? Even if it isnt a WiFi enabled printer?

yes i know. and i've tried. but the printer we currently have is ancient old. its a compaq i think. i've already tried setting it up and its just not compatible. there's no usb thing either so i can't hook it up to my laptop. no worries, tho. *shrugs*

Wouldn't it be hard to make things in PdN with a laptop?

all i have is a laptop :D and i find it quite easy :D and i use touchpad :D you get used to it but i do have a wireless mouse aswell if i want to use it for somthing :D