Jump to content

color "overlap" question/request

Recommended Posts

I am looking for a editing effect similar to one I found in Corel photo shop (I believe). It was a tool that changed the color of an area of a picture. similar to using a pain brush but this only changed the hue, leaving any shading or highlighting.

does anyone have a plug in that does this. or is there a built in tool like this one?

sorry if this has already been covered, this forum is massive and I havent been able to find this anywhere.

below is an example of what I mean. Take a look at the eye and the lips, I did the rest with general hue adjustments.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can use the Hue/Saturation adjustment under the Adjustments menu, or you could try painting in a solid color on a new layer, then changing the layer's blending mode (something like Overlay should work well). You can change the blending mode by double-clicking on the layer name, then changing the Mode drop-down under the Blending heading.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...