Should adding/deleting layers be excluded from history

Hello.

I've thought about this a few times before. Is having add/delete information of layers in the history useful to anyone? Is it even possible to remove it.

This is the main reason I think it should be excluded...

You're working on an image for half and hour or so, and you can't shake off the feeling some thing's wrong. You look down at the layers window and cry out in exasperation...

You've forgotten to add a new layer (and of course at the very start).

If the add/delete layers information was excluded from history you could go through history to the time you messed up add a new layer and go forward again, no problem.

Please leave your comments.

Sorry, but that is horrible logic for removing an option...

i agree and if they did remove it... it would be a nightmare for me, because i sometimes by accedent press the delete layer when i need the layer still, so with out it *breathes* i would have to start everything over again :?

No, it shouldn't. I undo a layer add, duplicate, etc. all the time.

Besides, it's literally not possible - every step builds upon the one before it. Nothing can be removed because the entire image would be changed. It's like Jenga- remove a block at the bottom, the entire tower falls.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think it would be a better idea to be able to select and lock a layer so it can’t be edited.

As it is now. I suggest lowering the opacity of the layer you won’t edit. That way you will notice quickly if you are working in the wrong layer.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.