[solved] circle not cleanly filled

Bit2_Gosu

Hi!

I just downloaded Paint.net and think it is extraordinarily great. Especially because it's easy to understand.

The only thing that I do not like thaat much is, that when I paint a circle (say in black) and fill it (say with green) there still white dota at the inner side of the circle. Can I do anything against that?

Hi!

I just downloaded Paint.net and think it is extraordinarily great. Especially because it's easy to understand.

The only thing that I do not like thaat much is, that when I paint a circle (say in black) and fill it (say with green) there still white dota at the inner side of the circle. Can I do anything against that?

Yup, increase the Tolerance (its a little blue & black % type scroll bar)

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

Or, there is a MUCH easier way, when you draw a circle, up the top there will be an empty circle with a dropdown menu, click that menu, and find the shape that has a border AND a filling, and then draw your circle.

Yes, of course, it hadn't dawned on me as I was thinking you weren't filling the whole interior of the circle, but a portion of it. My idea would work if you wanted to fill only a portion of the circle's interior or wanted the interior of the circle a different color. Rubrica's idea is best if you just want a plain filled circle (the Draw Filled Shape :ShapeInterior: ).

Or draw the circle on a separate layer, make a new layer, go back to the cirlce layer and select the inside of the circle with your magic wand @ 69%, and while keeping the selection go back to the empty layer you just created. Fill it with anything you want, and move it underneath the circle.

circlesc2.png

Like that.

Thanks a lot everybody! filling cyrcles works perfectly with this one idea!

What I would still like to know however is this:

You said:

Or draw the circle on a separate layer, make a new layer, go back to the cirlce layer and select the inside of the circle with your magic wand @ 69%, and while keeping the selection go back to the empty layer you just created. Fill it with anything you want, and move it underneath the circle.

I now know how to fill a circle with a colour gradient for example. And if I chose "Radiant" for the colour Gradient the gradient goes away from one point in the circle which I can choose. However this point is the darkest point and it will get lighter as I move the mouse away from this point. How can I do the opposite, so that a circle looks as if the sun was shining on it? Just like on this site e.g.: http://www.u-helmich.de/bio/gen/reihe2/25/25-3-p.html

?

Thanks a lot everybody! filling cyrcles works perfectly with this one idea!

What I would still like to know however is this:

You said:

I now know how to fill a circle with a colour gradient for example. And if I chose "Radiant" for the colour Gradient the gradient goes away from one point in the circle which I can choose. However this point is the darkest point and it will get lighter as I move the mouse away from this point. How can I do the opposite, so that a circle looks as if the sun was shining on it? Just like on this site e.g.: http://www.u-helmich.de/bio/gen/reihe2/25/25-3-p.html

?

Make black your secondary colour, and white your primary.

perfekt!

by the way the community in this forum is simply great. You answer my questions so quickly ;)

One last question. If I select an area and press delete what remains is not a white but a brindle area.

How can I get a white area if I select and delete an area? (Else I would have to fill the brindled area with white everytime)

brindle? do you mean the transparent checkerboard? if so I usually just add a layer under the layer with the circle and fill that when you merge the two your area is filled completly and you don't have to fiddle with random unfilled areas.

hope that's what you mean.

also a point about the gradiant change of colors instead of the left button on mouse use the right and the primary and secondary color reverse. for just that gradiant change.