Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

Looks awesome. the colouring is just perfecto! :D

Is it me, or did you forget the distort the texture so it makes it look spherical. I see a flat texture behind the lighting.. =S

I'm sure the final piece will be awesome though! ;)

I definitely spherized it. Perhaps the difference is not as obvious because the upload is rather LQ. I'll check it out in the .pdn file.

• 1 month later...

Good job on the planet. It does look as though you have used a linear gradient for the shadow . Try a radial one to match the shape of the planet and I would also lower the opacity of the atmosphere around the edge a touch . :wink:

Otherwise its great. :D

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

You're welcome ... because you were one of my inspirations for joining here

Way cool!

... it's scary to think this gallery was on the 3rd page

... which has got me wondering how many new members just stay on the first page and miss out on seeing so much awesome stuff towards the end of the pages :?:

Good question, though in this case it was my negligence that let my gallery slip all the way to the third page.

Good job on the planet. It does look as though you have used a linear gradient for the shadow . Try a radial one to match the shape of the planet and I would also lower the opacity of the atmosphere around the edge a touch . :wink:

Otherwise its great. :D

Agreed on both accounts, thanks for the comment. :)

Aaaah....you and Goonfella: the spacescape pros. I love your work! It's amazing! :P

Thanks! (I'm hardly a pro though... :) )

Definetely like the new layout. I really like your red sig tag with "I'm Commander Sozo, and I approve of this message."

I made that around the time of the presidential elections. It's one of my favs too.

Nice layout change. Did that take a long amount of time to accomplish?

Eh, about 45 minutes to and hour. Most of that was using OperaTor to get the links off of DevART.

I think the newer one is better but I think you need a darker gradient to darken that part of the planet a bit more and use a radial, not linear,one. Otherwise it`s superb! :wink:
t_newplanetwim_69405a9.jpg

The texture on this is much better than the other. The lighting is a little weak though. Maybe it just needs to fit into a proper piece so all the lighting and stuff looks awesome together. :)

Thanks both of you. In the newer one, the lighting wasn't my main concern; making the texture seem more 3D and less flat was the objective. I'll definitly spiff up the lighting, once I get a good picture to put this in.

Also, thanks to gokussj4golden and Yellowman for commenting. :)

sozo! its a good fight so far! i love your gallery! planet work is awesome! i wish i was as good as you! go you in the tech SOTW battle!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

• 4 weeks later...