Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

it looks nice but if the planets had some sort of texture to make them look different to a simple black circle they'd look terrific

I plan to put some real planets in, those are just place holders! :D

Speaking of which, I've got a gas giant I'm fairly satisfied with, and I've located the ancient Rectangular to Polar plugin, which makes creating planet rings almost too easy. So, progress has been made. Thanks Julio for the kind words. :)

Edited by CommanderSozo

All right, time for a bit of an update. I've inserted the gas planet and designed some rings:

th_work.png

Also, I have an alternate color version that I am considering:

th_workcross.png

The original picture is 2400x1500, but I'm not sure how large Photobucket will let me upload. Also, is it just me or has photobucket turned into scene girl heaven since the last time I visited (August)?

Edited by CommanderSozo

Oh, two more things. I have a new sig and avatar (at last)!

And here is the direction I'm thinking about for the space pic now:

I'll put a medium sized moon above the Gas Giant, and a large one (as though it is closer) in the dark space to the right of the gas giant. I am trying to decide what to do with the empty space in the top right. Also, I think I'll put some tiny moons traversing the large gaps in the GG's ring. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Silly Julio, posting before me. :P Thanks for the encouragement, the rings are really quite easy to make, want a tut?

Edited by CommanderSozo

Welsh and Axel, thanks! I like my new avy/sig look too, and I'm still quite excited about this latest space work of mine. :)

I just got back from eatser break, but I've got finals coming up next week. We'll see what I can get done this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, still not dead. I made it through finals week, and then had a few cool days with some friends who were graduating. Now I'm working, but I should still have some time for PdN in the evenings. And I won't let this WIP fester on my computer :)

• 4 months later...