Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

Inspiration has struck, and I'm going to be doing some drastic restructuring of the image. I'll post it once I'm somewhat satisfied.

Also noticed some stuff on the top right of your larger planet, though it's probably just JPEG artifacts...

Very nice work Sozo! Love your new sig and the space stuff you're working on :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

thank all four of you for your posts. Rest assured, if the modifications I'm making look as good as I want them to, it'll be an even nicer pic. :)

I'm thinking of adding a star as well, one in the white-blue color range.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update on what I'm doing, not anywhere close to done yet:

th_cobaltdustcloud-2.jpg

Some of the changes to be made:

I'm going to fix the lighting on the gas giant, relocate the out of place stars, and place a white giant sun in the left corner.

More stars will go over to the right, and i hope to spiff up the nebula on the left.

Any suggestions so far?

It's nice, but the nebula on the left is bordering on looking artificial. It's kinda like when you drop a drop of ink in to a glass of water. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not sure.

I agree, I'll work on that.

Update on the photo manip above: better colors and wood texture added.

photomanip-1.jpg

I love this...it is an amazing piece of art. WOW.

sig4.png

Here's an update on what I'm doing, not anywhere close to done yet:

th_cobaltdustcloud-2.jpg

Some of the changes to be made:

I'm going to fix the lighting on the gas giant, relocate the out of place stars, and place a white giant sun in the left corner.

More stars will go over to the right, and i hope to spiff up the nebula on the left.

Any suggestions so far?

Looking forward to seeing the finished image. Looks nicely done so far. You could try changing the orientation of the gas planet. It seems a bit off at the moment. If you are going to have moons remember that they have to be set in (roughly) the same plane as the spin of the planet so either the moon has to move or the planet straightened up a bit. Laws of physics and all that. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been messing more with my space image. I can't decide which color scheme to go with. Perhaps I'll develop both. Any thoughts or recommendations  so far?

20sefmc.jpgka64c1.jpg

Edited by CommanderSozo

I absolutely love the orange one mate. Make sure when your finished it is wallpaper size.*hint* Preferably 1366x768 *hint*. I will totally rock that on my desktop. It is already looking like a winner and i can't wait to see the finished image.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 3 months later...

And now, after months of dormancy, the Frontlines makes it back to the front page of the pictorium! This time, a new space scene is in the works. What do you think guys, has it a chance to be my best yet?

11qiwxz.jpg

It's a big time work in progress, consider nothing final. Comments and criticism and adoration are all welcome. I got inspired to do some work of my own from lurking around on DevART and adding a load of new space favorites recently.

Comments of adoration? Absolutely!

Love the colour & the texture. The bright bit at the bottom is a very nice touch. Love the texture in it too. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Adoration. :D

Really nice. Love it. The only niggle is that it seems to look better when it's fit to my screen rather than at 100%. Don't know why. But great work!

retrofont.jpg

Adoration. :D

Really nice. Love it. The only niggle is that it seems to look better when it's fit to my screen rather than at 100%. Don't know why. But great work!

100% scales the image down to your res, fit crops out the unnecessary parts...

Anyhow, nice piece.