Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

now see everyone perceives things differently. I happen to like the atmosphere on the planet, but like Aislin its the rays of the sun that are too distinct. My mind tells me if I look into that intensity of light my vision will blur the sharpness out. I'm in agreement about the texture of the planet that looks really nice. and although I'm not a fan of the color orange I like how you've worked with it in this solar image.

great job as always on your space scenes.

ciao OMA

It has been a while since I dropped by your gallery. Still great! When I open your gallery I love the color I am hit with. I hope to do better keeping up with everyone this year.

Happy New Year!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Awesome. only thing that bugs me is the atmosphere on the planet, specifically on the bottom.

Dude, me too. It's interesting that you say that, because I was just messing around with it last night, when I was struck by the lightning of inspiration. I really felt like I had tried to make the planet too big a focus in the image, when it was the background I'd done a better job on (and I'm better at in general). So I tried reworking the image a bit, and I think I've blended it in better and made the planet a feature, not the focus per say. Here's the link:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zf02ft.png

I think it makes a huge difference in how the whole scene feels. If you want to compare it, here is the link to the old version.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2i0zpxw.png

Warning, they're both huge images, I'll optimize them before uploading anything final.

Thanks everyone for your comments, and your jealousy (DarkShock :P ). Bryan, FYI, Terragen is a free program that let's you generate planet terrain scenes. It's worth checking out. :)

Darn it welshblue, my post would be at the bottom of the last page... goes off to edit.

Not your fault though, I'm glad you like it. :)

I did show the guys the background, but after that it was pretty inactive so I finished the image off with a planet.

EDIT: Info from bottom of 22:

Awesome. only thing that bugs me is the atmosphere on the planet, specifically on the bottom.

Dude, me too. It's interesting that you say that, because I was just messing around with it last night, when I was struck by the lightning of inspiration. I really felt like I had tried to make the planet too big a focus in the image, when it was the background I'd done a better job on (and I'm better at in general). So I tried reworking the image a bit, and I think I've blended it in better and made the planet a feature, not the focus per say. Here's the link:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zf02ft.png

I think it makes a huge difference in how the whole scene feels. If you want to compare it, here is the link to the old version.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2i0zpxw.png

Warning, they're both huge images, I'll optimize it before uploading anything final.

Thanks everyone for your comments, and your jealousy (DarkShock :P ). Bryan, FYI, Terragen is a free program that let's you generate planet terrain scenes. It's worth checking out. :)

The starscape is gorgeous, and the planet looks amazing!

I don't really like the sudden changeover with the sunlight, though, the change between white and yellow is a bit too drastic.

Think so? Eh, I've never seen a nova up close, so I don't think I'll get it perfect. :P

Great work on the background, but it seems the way the texture of the planet is applied onto the sphere is weird. It seems there's a lot of lines going like this:

rhfjdjejdy.png

You're quite right. Part of that is the way the texture is, but most of it seems to be the way Shape3D renders spheres.

even if there is lines (I don't personally see them) I think you've done a fine job on the texture of this planet. As I said on DA the only thing I can think that could possibly make this space scene any better would be to off centre that planet from smack dab in the middle. other than that even if it uses my least favourite color (orange) I really like it. much better than I can do on space scenes. so I applaud your work. well done.

ciao OMA

How's this image for a beautiful color gradient Oma? This is one of many good examples of lots of good space art out there, and one of the pieces that inspires me. Work like this is always a learning process, and next time I'll use a blue are greenish color. Blue and green are my preference anyway. ;)

hehe shape 3d for planets thats the lazy way sozo :D

It's the only way, unfortunately. Perhaps if some of our esteemed plugin making members were to make a photoshop-like sphereize effect... :P

Incredible :) I'm loving it Sozo. The background is beautiful.

Thanks. :D