Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

It looks like it'd be a great scene. Do it. :P A faraway galaxy would look awesome.

btw that sig is crappy.* :lol:

*no offense

Lol, it's an idea, I did it in 20 minutes. A galaxy would be awesome, but my mind reels when I try to think how to do that.

Nice job. You're really talented at those. :wink:

Thanks for the much more uplifting comment DarkShock.

:x

It looks like it'd be a great scene. Do it. :P A faraway galaxy would look awesome.

btw that sig is crappy.* :lol:

*no offense

Lol, it's an idea, I did it in 20 minutes. A galaxy would be awesome, but my mind reels when I try to think how to do that.

Nice job. You're really talented at those. :wink:

Thanks for the much more uplifting comment DarkShock.

:x

Hehe, sorry. I wanted to say that the idea is awesome, but the sig you made was "crappy" in a funny kinda way.

E: I did the thing that's supposed to look like a galaxy in my avatar Clouds > Transparent Gradient > Alphamask Import without mask > Twist > Rotate/Zoom

I'm sure you'll be able to do something much more awesome, you're the master of space scenes. :lol:

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Hehe, sorry. I wanted to say that the idea is awesome, but the sig you made was "crappy" in a funny kinda way.

E: I did the thing that's supposed to look like a galaxy in my avatar Clouds > Transparent Gradient > Alphamask Import without mask > Twist > Rotate/Zoom

I'm sure you'll be able to do something much more awesome, you're the master of space scenes. :lol:

I understand, I just chose to take it facetiously.

:)

it looks heavenly! great job does look fairly realistic. I don't often tell anyone to darken an image but the blue might be just a bit to vibrant, but than again that depends on the look you are going for. If its a celestial emotional piece that blue is perfect. If its a realism piece, when you look at the night sky, its more inky purple.

ciao OMA

I'm going roughly for the look in Greg Martin's tutorial, here. I've got a ways to go, but this is just a half an hour of messing around. Thanks for commenting oma.

Right when I start to get somewhat good at starscapes Sozo comes and blows me outta the water :lol::lol: It looks awesome.

Ah, don't be silly. :wink:

Very, very nice star field. To get the number of stars must have taken a long time. I love the color of the stars too, they don't look just white but have a blueish halo around them. Very realistic !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I've got a larger image here now. Comments?

I'm thinking about starting another space scene with this as the basis. Other things I would want to incorporate: gas giant, ~two moons, nebula, maybe a small, distant star.

Fantastic work as always, Sozo. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The smaller one looked better IMO.

I agree, i have a little more work on the lighting, and texturing the dust to do. This is a WiP.

Fantastic work as always, Sozo. :wink:

Thank you DarkShock. :)

awesome stars man. That is the absolute best space background i have seen to date.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I'm getting better at the process, and it turns out it's really not that bad. Fine tuning can be a pain though, trying to get the glow and dust, etc. all looking good.

I agree with Kemaru - dark blue for the spacescape. It gives me the impression of peace & tranquility (no noise) & comforts the soul. It makes a nice piece to look at without anything else in it.

A very nice work - in progress or not. Good on you!

@ Sharp - I'm still gonna try your tute. Will post my attempt when done.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Liking your gallery, and wow, your latest starscape is really cool (all your space stuff is!!). Nice work! :D Are you planning to release a tutorial when you have the process down pat? I also like many of the signatures on the first page. :)

retrofont.jpg