expiredConcepts - Latest: Audio Jungle Wallpapers Released!

-Expiration-

Expiration, you are doing a great job in Paint.NET. Your new piece is quite something. I've noticed the new "rings" around the bubble. How do you get the glowy, red rings to fade towards the end (similar to the "simulate brush stroke" or whatever feature in Ps)?

drew-10.png

Man, your pictures are awesome!

Duality looks awesome, and so does the wiki concept.

I also like your 3d text :D

I wish I knew how to do your text effects :shock:

Thank you! :) I appreciate your comments.

As for the 3D text, I just followed Jake2k's 3D text tutorial. :D

Wowa Energy it's pretty wild man :D nice work

Thanks Miguel! :mrgreen:

Wow! and when i mean wow i mean it some really good work here ide love to be that talented

love the orb with the man inside its great!

keep it up :D

Thank you Simple. :P

Expiration, you are doing a great job in Paint.NET. Your new piece is quite something. I've noticed the new "rings" around the bubble. How do you get the glowy, red rings to fade towards the end (similar to the "simulate brush stroke" or whatever feature in Ps)?

Thanks Drew. For your question, are you talking about the glowing lines in my sig? If so, the secret is transparency gradients ( :AlphaChannel: ). :wink:

Also, don't expect a lot coming from me in the next few weeks. I've got a ton of homework and projects to do, and I've got designer's block as well. So ... yeah. I might have some small works in between, but nothing amazing.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

... the secret is transparency gradients ( :AlphaChannel: ). :wink:

I thought so, but I didn't know if there was some complex process behind the lines. And are the glowing lines actually glowing lines (lines with the glow effect)?

drew-10.png

• 2 weeks later...

New WIP! (see bottom of first post)

Leopard Mech

I wanted to hold back on releasing this until I was done, but it's going to slow, and I'm inpatient to get some feedback on it. Inspired by something on PSDTuts (big surprise there), one of their Inspiration articles, about robots and the like, I decided to tackle making an animal mech, and I thought making a leopard one would be cool. I used a reference photo from Wikipedia to get the anatomy correct, but other than that, it's all my work.

I would also like to mention that the PDN file for this piece is 8.35 MB as of this post.

Enjoy!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I was thinking about that too, but I thought that since its a WIP, it wouldn't really count as my latest piece, since it is not done yet. So I'm not sure whether I should update my thread title or not.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Thanks LFC. :mrgreen:

I might start over though, with a more interesting pose ... it just seems a little bland to me.

And for future reference, you don't have to call me "-Expiration-." "expired" or "expiration" works fine.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Wow i love your work, you are definatly my hero. My goal as pdn user is to become as good as you. And i was looking through your comments and not a single bad comment, that i could see anyway. Do you ever have anyone saying" wow that picture sucks"? oh and another question does all this praise ever make u have an ego? or does it just make you want to do better? ok nvm ill shut up now. Im gonna try and make something like ur Latest WIP: Leopard Mech.

finalsig6.jpg

My subconscious is consciously aware that I am subconsciously unconscious.

Wow i love your work, you are definatly my hero. My goal as pdn user is to become as good as you.

Thank you. :D

And i was looking through your comments and not a single bad comment, that i could see anyway. Do you ever have anyone saying" wow that picture sucks"?

No such comments from anyone on the boards, although my brother makes some remarks like that, as he looks down on Paint.NET, being a Photoshop user ...

oh and another question does all this praise ever make u have an ego? or does it just make you want to do better?

I would hope I am not getting an ego from all the compliments. It also does make me strive to improve, as well as looking at the works of others who are better than me.

ok nvm ill shut up now. Im gonna try and make something like ur Latest WIP: Leopard Mech.

No need to be sorry, if you have more questions I will be happy to answer them. Good luck with your piece!

On a side note, I have scrapped my Leopard Mech (well, not totally, I've just stopped production on it), and have decided to restart, this time, with a cheetah, and in a much more interesting pose as well. I hope to finish the head in a day or too, and then move on to the rest of the body. I want this one to be a surprise, so don't expect any WIPs of this from me, but it will look similar to my Leopard Mech, like the color scheme and shading techniques. :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

whoa! that leopard thing is awsome!

Thanks Salu! :D

Wow.

I love your last piece, even though it breaks the rules! :P

Work in progress I take it?

Thanks Dalton, yes it is a work in progress.

And I hadn't noticed that it was too large, I guess I should fix it. Besides, I've scrapped it (as stated above), and started on another one.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png