Easier way to save layers?

Amatatomba

Ok, so I created all the frames for an animated sprite I'm making in Paint.NET. Each frame is a different layer. Is there any easy way I can save each individual layer as a *.GIF without having to copy each layer into a new image and then save that image?

Thanks ahead of time

Hi! Welcome to the forums! At this moment in time there is no other method for saving each individual layer as an image other than the method you have described. I believe I have heard something about batch file processing coming sometime into the future, and whether or not this feature incapsulates the request you are making is beyond me.

signature.png

I think this is something I could whip up in a few minutes. Stay tuned. :)

EDIT: Here's a really quick and dirty plugin. It saves all the layers in a folder called "Multi GIF" on your desktop.

EDIT: Removed per Rick's post.

Hey there "I Like Pi",

I downloaded and tried your .dll

Works great but I'm a little confused about "how" to save the file.

When I click on "save as" It places the current layers in the folder on the desktop, but it also (because "save" asks me where to save to and I am in the "save to desktop" folder) puts a copy of the .gif file (unopenable of course) on there as well.

Is there a certain way to do it so that doesn't happen, or is that just a side of effect of the "quick and dirty"?

Anyway, it works. I've made a couple of test files. Thanks!

It dose exactly what you say it is supposed to do. This looks like a useful plugin. I think i vill keep it.

But, ok, it is quick and dirty. There is room for improvement. :wink:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.