How to Install Plugins ×

Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect Available

Would it be possible to add brightness/contrast control in this Conditional Hue/Saturation plug-in?

The problem with adding a brightness adjustment is that with only hue and saturation in the conditions, I have completely removed desaturated pixels from the processing operations, making it impossible to do actions on certain pixels. While this is not very noticable for the hue and saturation adjustments, it becomes noticeable when brightness comes in:

bad_adjust.png

Notice the black spots that won't be adjusted. This specific example aside, the lightness adjustment just doesn't look very good in general when applied to portions of the image that match a certain hue/saturation constraint.

I need to update this plug-in; the huge dialog box has been bugging me for quite some time so I'm planning on trying to make it smaller (you can see above that I've removed the help text box). It's possible that I'll just leave the brightness adjustment in when I release the next version.

There will probably not be a contrast adjustment in this plug-in just because it won't work in well (for reasons similar to the brightness issue).

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

• 2 weeks later...

I had downloaded the previous version last night, and it was working wonderfully. However this morning, I noticed a new version and when it was installed, the application fails when trying to access the new effect.

The build in question is 1.5.2550.42050 dated 12/25.

Here is a mini dump of the crash:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PaintDotNet.MainForm.menuEffects_ClickHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I had downloaded the previous version last night, and it was working wonderfully. However this morning, I noticed a new version and when it was installed, the application fails when trying to access the new effect.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'd forgotten that I'd used a property that was new as of 3.0 and it only worked with 3.0. I've put up version 1.6 of the plugin which should work with 2.72 and 3.0.

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

Thanks evanolds for your reply!

Looking forward to your update :)

Thanks again for the great plugin!!!

I have tried the updated plugin, quite nice witht the lightness control.

But you are correct that adjusting too much will make photos look fake.

Anything in the range of + or -10 would still look nice.

Let me ask you about another idea :)

Would it be possible to let user "select" that what ever color range/area affected on the colorwheel?

Like the "magic wand"

Seems to me it would be even better(faster?) then the magic wand? or am I mistaken?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Would it be possible to let user "select" that what ever color range/area affected on the colorwheel?

I was thinking of this earlier. This would, in theory allow you to apply any of PDN's effects to a region identified but the hue/saturation conditon. However, I'm not sure if the effect interface supports setting the selection region. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I'll look into it later.

The Effect interface does not allow you to set the selection, true.

That doesn't prevent you from instantiating the effect and rendering it yourself, from within your own plugin. That might be a bit out of scope though, and there's nothing provided to really simplify this task for you.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...

Small bug with the plugin, when I adjust the saturation click ok, then use the plugin again for the 2nd time, on "saturation adjustment" shows it's at 100 but the picture is showing saturation gain again, have to move the slide bar for it to go back normal again.

On a side note, it would be great if a "reset button" can be added for all settings.

Thanks!! :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Small bug with the plugin...

Should be fixed now. New download link:

http://www.evanolds.com/dl/CondHSAdj.dll

It also now appears in the adjustments menu instead of the effects menu. It is really an "adjustment effect" plug-in so neither menu is 100% appropriate but for now it's been moved to the adjustments menu.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for info.

Hmmm, can this plugin effect white? I can't seem to get it to work on white.

Unfortunately you can't change straight black or straight white with this plugin. The closest I've found as a workaround is if you have shades of grey, apply sepia tone and then try the plugin again. Best of luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Feature request: Transparency Adjustment

Hi,

is it possible to add transparency slider similar to saturation?

That would make great use in image blending: for masking out image areas based on hue - like skin tones, sky etc...

Thanks for great plugin anyway.

Feature request: Transparency Adjustment

Hi,

is it possible to add transparency slider similar to saturation?

That would make great use in image blending: for masking out image areas based on hue - like skin tones, sky etc...

Thanks for great plugin anyway.

Did you know that there is already a transparency adjustment plugin?

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3285

But, yeah, that would be a pretty cool addition to this plugin. I don't think I ever published it, but Evanolds, PM me if you want my source code and I'll see if I can dig it up...