Ash

Ash

:shock:

:Cancel: _ :Delete:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Awesome job on the new glass text, and amazing job on the smudge piece! Wow!

(Like Expired, all I'd done so far was smudge text to make it look insanely wispy :P )

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

381_lg_clr.gif

Ash, that is one very impressive icy text you've made there. Its so cool (literally :P )! Could you tell me some of the methods used? Just a few hints is enough. :)

You can PM it if you wish, but can just post it here too, its up to you.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks everybody :)

As I've told Kat on the fan forum, tut will come some time down the road.

Thanks for understanding.

============================================================

Wacom Bamboo + PS...

Read more about it in the Artist's Comments on dA.

Until the tablet can work with PDN, I'll be using PS for all my hand drawings.

Don't worry, I will still be doing everything else in PDN :!:

As it's the PDN forum, this will be my only post using PS, as none of you ever seen my hand drawing. :D

You are like my Art family :) So I wanna show it to you guys and gals. ;)

I wanna keep it all PDN here, any new stuff not done in PDN will be posted to deviantArt only!

Enjoy!

1st_Wacom_hand_drawing_by_0_ASH_0.png

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Wow - you have some really good drawing skills there! Hah - I've been looking around at books/ sites to get a little more into it - as it looks like it takes real artistic skill.

Really sweet drawing! (I want PDN to work for it - A tablet would work soo much better for certain types of things)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Wicked work, as always. There's always new to expect from you, Ash.

Darn, I'd kill to be able to use Smudge like you. Any tips on how you create such amazing definitions for the objects? Such as the wrinkles and the overall definition of the 'Silver Surfer's' face structure.

Amazing work. Expecting to see more and more from you. :)

siggy1mo8.png

lovemeh.png

Yes, I'm a fan. ;]

Wow - you have some really good drawing skills there! Hah - I've been looking around at books/ sites to get a little more into it - as it looks like it takes real artistic skill.

Really sweet drawing! (I want PDN to work for it - A tablet would work soo much better for certain types of things)

Thanks, it's always a good idea to train in the basic skills, it will help in all areas. :wink:

Wicked work, as always. There's always new to expect from you, Ash.

Darn, I'd kill to be able to use Smudge like you. Any tips on how you create such amazing definitions for the objects? Such as the wrinkles and the overall definition of the 'Silver Surfer's' face structure.

Amazing work. Expecting to see more and more from you. :)

You just have to study human faces to get used to drawing it, where the lights and shadows goes...

Once you've learn that, you will know more about where to smudge.

And practice practice practice...

Smudge is hard to teach, it's not like most plugins that you just click on settings and most people can get the same result..

==================================================================================

Never gonna try this again :?

Joker_Makeup_____by_0_ASH_0.jpg

Just one question about smudging which has really bothered me.

About Silver Surfer's definition. When you smudge on a light background then you don't tend to get any visible results. I was just wondering; if you are using smudge on a light background, do you usually add the darker tone yourself? For an example, do you make a black line under the eye and smudge it to make the eye look wrinkled?

The Joker face looks great, the best I've seen so far since it looks real.

siggy1mo8.png

lovemeh.png

Yes, I'm a fan. ;]

:shock: The Joker's wife!? We must flee, for the pair could cause much havoc in the world :P

Wel Ash, the make-up is excelllent, with textures being spot on. I think the black circles around her eyes are a little too large, and i think the hair should have some elements of yellow, lime green, and dark green in it. But, all in all its a great manip, and i'm sure you'd do even better if you re-tried it again.

:shock: Oh my, i just went against the laws of PDN and gave Ash some criticism. I must be going mad.. :?

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Great drawing. I so want to be able to do that. I'm curious, my wacom works with pdn (it's me that has the problem, no control yet). Mine is not a Bamboo so maybe that is the difference. As far as PS goes I am yet to be introduced to the program so I don't know what I may be missing.

You just get better and better!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Just one question about smudging which has really bothered me.

About Silver Surfer's definition. When you smudge on a light background then you don't tend to get any visible results. I was just wondering; if you are using smudge on a light background, do you usually add the darker tone yourself? For an example, do you make a black line under the eye and smudge it to make the eye look wrinkled?

The Joker face looks great, the best I've seen so far since it looks real.

If I understand you correctly, either way is fine.

If you run outta the color you need, just put a few dots down for smudging.

For the Silver surfer, I didn't need to add any extra color.

:shock: The Joker's wife!? We must flee, for the pair could cause much havoc in the world :P

Wel Ash, the make-up is excelllent, with textures being spot on. I think the black circles around her eyes are a little too large, and i think the hair should have some elements of yellow, lime green, and dark green in it. But, all in all its a great manip, and i'm sure you'd do even better if you re-tried it again.

:shock: Oh my, i just went against the laws of PDN and gave Ash some criticism. I must be going mad.. :?

I agree with you I went a bit too far on the "eye shadow". And I went a bit lazy on the hair ( but the main point is the makeup :P ).

Oh, and I don't mind the criticism. :) ( now, now.....don't everybody rush in at once!! )

Great drawing. I so want to be able to do that. I'm curious, my wacom works with pdn (it's me that has the problem, no control yet). Mine is not a Bamboo so maybe that is the difference. As far as PS goes I am yet to be introduced to the program so I don't know what I may be missing.

Maybe I ask which wacom?

Nope, I have a Bamboo and it works fine. A small Bamboo.

FYI, I'm using the one on the left. http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/

If anyone is using the same one and able to make it work with PDN, I'm all ears! :!:

Maybe I ask which wacom?

If anyone is using the same one and able to make it work with PDN, I'm all ears! :!:

Mine is a CTE-440. Pretty bottom of the line I think as far as pen tablets go. My son-in-law has a big old thing which makes mine look quite lame indeed. However size doesn't matter if I can't get the hang of the thing. Or maybe size does matter my cursor is always in the wrong spot. I'm no computer wiz but my guess would be that there is something about the way yours is setup that prevents it from working in pdn as mine and Blooper's seem to. Mine has been setting on my desk collecting dust. I supose I'll have to put some time in if I want to learn to use it. We just have an interest in your getting it to work in pdn because we want to see your work. I would consider it a personal loss if you didn't get this glitch fixed as I am not to familar with dA.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I have the same one, did you run the installation CDs?

I assume you are running Vista ;)

I had a similar problem with my Genius tablet. The only solution was to uninstall the driverst hat came with the device and then plug it back in. Windows slapped on a generic tablet driver on it and now I get Paint.NET pressure sensitivity with a non-Wacom device. Hope that helps!

signature.png