Help..can't access my paint.net? .Net 2 framework error

Hi

When I attempt to open my Paint.net ...(which Ihaven't used for awhile) I'm now getting an error message to install .NET framework 2... so I go to Microsoft to do so...when go toinstall the version I'm told to this is the error message I get...

Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906894.

CAUSE

The .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is a later version of the .NET Framework 2.0. The earlier version cannot be installed over the later version.

So what is a girl to do? :? ?

Any help really appreciated... btw, I'm no techie..

Thanks

Does Facebook or My Space pay YOU?

http://www.my-homebased-business.com/zzp

Moved to Troubleshooting

Take a look at the sticky'd topics in this new forum; see if they help. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

When I try and unistall paint net v3.22 I get this message

"There is a problem with this windows installer package a program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When I try and install .NET 3 as per link in Sticky above... it wont install either...so

what am I too do?

Seems like I'm between a rock and hard place.... :(

Does Facebook or My Space pay YOU?

http://www.my-homebased-business.com/zzp

Are you logged into your PC as an admin?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Do. Installation is usually limited to admins.

You're running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista, right?

I don't understand what he's suggesting. :-)

Anyway...you can't uninstall Paint.NET without having the .NET framework installed. Try installing the .NET framework v3.5, uninstalling Paint.NET, then re-downloading it and re-installing it.

Awesome! Glad to hear it.