63 year old and still a dummy

yurdad

Look...... I cannot get my head around the fact that I cannot use paint net when it worked 2 days ago and now tells me it has encountered a problem...... yes I have seen Rick whatsits collection of possible solutions.. but they don't ring any bells or blow any whistles for me....... the bloody download will not work. I have deleted with the clean up thingy, I have tried to download a new framework whatsit, I have have tried the patch/workround for .net 2 what ever its called. But for some reason I cannot get the bloody thing on my computer any more.... no I do not have any viruses or malware. I have got to the point where I think microsoft are taking the mickey.

Will some one tell me slowly..... what is the latest solution to my woes... my marriage is on the line.. the kids say they wont visit again until I talk nicely to them... but what the... I want Paint Net back on my PC. Come to my house and fix it please.. yur dad

Calm down, my friend. I need a bit more information first.

What precisely are you doing when trying to install? What error messages are you getting? I need to know how it's failing before I can tell you how to fix it.

Also, please change your thread title to be a bit more specific. Yours breaks the rules. Thanks.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Your marriage is on the line because of Paint.NET?!?

Oh my...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Thanks for your concern. Slept on it and retried your tips this morning and sucess. I did turn off my firewall this time and I did it by deleting framework.net then my copy of Paint and then downloading a new framework 2 net followed by paint.net I must have been doing back to front yesterday.

Sorry if my post was out of order but this is something else I am new at!

Thanks Mick

Paint net make me look good

I'm glad everything worked out for you! In the future, just take a look at the rules; you'll need a more descriptive thread title than that. I'll go ahead and lock this; take a look at the Rules and open another thread if you have any further questions!

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.