Need help with alpha channels...

13Misfit13

The eaisest way for me to explain to you the help I am looking for is this...I am using a template for a sim-racing game that there is a alpha channel that I need to access. The template is a multilayered .psd. Here is a link...Thank you very much if you actually take the time to watch it because it will explain it way more than I can.

- Basically the "paint" schemes are comming out way to shiny and I need to alter the alpha channel so that it will remove this affect. I just don't know how to accomplish this with paint.net and or if I even can? Thank You for any help you can offer me!
138designsBanner.jpg

You can download a filetype plugin so you can work on .psd files here.

I've used it a few times, and it breaks the file into the appropriate layers. You can then modify the layers how you see fit.

You can download a filetype plugin so you can work on .psd files here.

I've used it a few times, and it breaks the file into the appropriate layers. You can then modify the layers how you see fit.

Have it...The issue is not that I can't open it...I don't know how to alter the alpha channel

138designsBanner.jpg

Alpha channel is just a fancy way of saying "transparency." You can adjust the alpha channel of an entire layer by going to Layers>Properties and adjusting the Opacity slider, or selections using BoltBait's "Transparency" adjustment plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Alpha channel is just a fancy way of saying "transparency." You can adjust the alpha channel of an entire layer by going to Layers>Properties and adjusting the Opacity slider, or selections using BoltBait's "Transparency" adjustment plugin.

Here in lies the problem...using another program I can access a channel dialog box that lets me view the active and inactive alpha channels. I can't seem to do this in paint.net or don't know how to. I have to turn on an alpha channel that is by default off. So first step would be how do I access the hidden alpha channels in paint.net or is this not possible?

138designsBanner.jpg

Quite honestly, I don't even know what you mean. Is there a tutorial somewhere I could take a look at?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Quite honestly, I don't even know what you mean. Is there a tutorial somewhere I could take a look at?

If you click the youtube link in my first post it will show you in ripoffshop...err photoshop what I am trying to accomplish.

It's around the 2min 10 sec mark.

138designsBanner.jpg