256 Colours?

^What he said. GIF file formats automatically dial down to 256 colors.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Any way to reduce the image to even fewer colors? Like 4? There was an effect called majority which can reduce an image to its primary colors, but there were too many of them. It would be nice with an effect that allowed you to choose the number of colors (maybe even which colors, especially if you only want very few colors like 2, 3 or 4) and a slider that adjusted the color tolerance level or something.

...(maybe even which colors, especially if you only want very few colors like 2, 3 or 4) and a slider that adjusted the color tolerance level or something.
If my memory serves me well, I think a plugin of Curtis does just this, Selective Palette, although the topic where it resides is giving me an SQL error at the moment, so you'll have to PM him or wait a while.

The topic is here nonetheless: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521

A step in the right direction?

...(maybe even which colors, especially if you only want very few colors like 2, 3 or 4) and a slider that adjusted the color tolerance level or something.
If my memory serves me well, I think a plugin of Curtis does just this, Selective Palette, although the topic where it resides is giving me an SQL error at the moment, so you'll have to PM him or wait a while.

The topic is here nonetheless: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521

A step in the right direction?

So I'm not the only one not being able to access my thread, thats wierd, I can get into page two but none of the others work. Anyway, the version of Selective Palette in that thread doesn't work with v3.30. I have fixed its problems, and even added a new plugin to the pack but I can't post it, Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for the thread to come back up.

So I'm not the only one not being able to access my thread...
No, it's happening to all of us, and for other topics as well. And thanks for the plugin update when you release it :).
The selective palette effect is exactly what I wanted and more. *Hugs*
Fantastic, glad it's what you were looking for.

*Hugs back*