Sign in to follow this  
Mike Ryan

Paint.NET Internet Browser Discussion

Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?

• Mozilla/ Firefox
    • Apple Safari
    • Opera
    • Internet Explorer
    • Unkown Party
    • Dont care

No.

He is probably using a PHP script hosted on his site, with the images hosted on PB, e.g.

<?PHP
if (strstr($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "Opera")) { echo 'image 1>'; } // Opera
else if (strstr($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "Firefox")) { echo 'image 2' />'; } // Firefox
else if (strstr($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "MSIE")) { echo 'image 3'; } // Internet Explorer
else if (strstr($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "Safari")) { echo 'image 4'; } // Safari
else echo 'image 5';
?>

EDIT: see here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php

He is probably using a PHP script hosted on his site, with the images hosted on PB, e.g.

I have looked at the source of the page and it seems to reference a PNG on Photobucket. :o :? :shock:

You are all wrong. The animated PNG allows you to script it to where it will skip the first frame during animation. So, if your browser supports the APNG, you will not see the first frame. However, if your browser does not support APNG, then all it will show is the first screen. Technology ftw :wink:

Yes, you get a cookie. But my method is easier, and works for all browsers :)

Except mine, meaning the FF plugin. :?

Maybe. I've tried different versions of Firefox 3.0 (betas and final), and I've tried several different versions of the plug. All are "incompatible wth FF 3.0".

I can't watch youtube videos with the most recent version of Firefox. The videos play in Internet Explorer. I wanted to know if anyone else had/has this problem?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7852340.stm

The 'smart address bar' makes finding previously visited sites easier
"InPrivate Browsing" is also being touted as a major improvement which allows a user to start a browsing session during which the history of sites viewed will not be recorded.

Lol

"At the end of the day if it has the functionality and features people want, they will respond to it. For those who have an emotional stake in this, and who like the idea of the underdog like Firefox, it's unlikely to sway them," said Mr Sterling.

:roll:

How to write a web-browser that passes the acid 3 test:

Launch Visual Studio, drop a web-browser control onto the form. Double-click on it.

if(webBrowser1.url == "http://acid3.acidtests.org/") webBrowser1.documentCode = "Score: 100%
Passed.";

:twisted:

!!! This post caught me out. He he, I thought it meant a browser being made called PDN browser!

I've got to say out of all the biggies i've got to say that ie7 is the best for me. Just because I have the nice Aero topper (thanks to vista glazz) and any other web browser would require countless addons to produce the same effect (As i can't stand FF's interface)