Paint.NET Internet Browser Discussion

Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?

• Mozilla/ Firefox
    • Apple Safari
    • Opera
    • Internet Explorer
    • Unkown Party
    • Dont care

Firefox 3 can save them automatically on-exit if you tell it to
If you are without FF3, FF2 also has the option under Options > Main where you can have Firefox open with the tabs the previous session was closed with. Find this by the line: when Firefox starts. It even preserves history of the tabs (if I remember correctly).

Alternatively, you can simply bookmark all your tabs before you close, but that's faffing, and nobody likes to faff.

---

I was unaware of an automated function in FF3 - learn something new every day.

---

Speaking of tabs, I'm loving the built-in tab duplication in FF3. History of that tab, and all, is retained, fantastic when I have a plethora of tabs open and scrolling the new tab across to my desired location becomes a chore. The duplicated tab opens beside the parent. I think retention of history was missing until Beta 4 or 5?

Alternatively, you can simply bookmark all your tabs before you close, but that's faffing, and nobody likes to faff.

Alternatively to that, you can hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, go to the second tab, and terminate firefox.exe, which will make Mozilla think your browser crashed, asking if you wish to restore the session.

...but I recommend doing what Myrddin says :wink:

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Alternatively to that, you can hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, go to the second tab, and terminate firefox.exe, which will make Mozilla think your browser crashed, asking if you wish to restore the session.

...but I recommend doing what Myrddin says :wink:

Extra Alternatively you can download Opera and save your session and all.

signature.png

Awesomeness follows:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=632112

And it works. Well, it does with FF3b5 and Vista HP, not personally confirmed a success on any other machine. Although one bugbear to present itself thus far, is that the labels to any folders on the Navigation bar are of the same colour as the background to the Navigation bar, only barely showing itself when highlighted. Nothing huge, though.

An excellent find, if I do say so myself. I am eager for its continued development.

One wonderful plugin for Firefox is ForecastFox. It's a highly customizable forecast, that can give you the current weather, temperature, wind speed, and wind direction, as well as all of this information for up to 8 days ahead. It can even give you night conditions for the current day, and for days ahead. Link.

*cough*FireGestures*cough*

FireGestures gives you over 70 programmable gestures (though I myself left about 55 of them un-programmed).

So can Opera; The above ones are just the prepackaged ones.

Click Alt+P, Advanced, Edit, Applications, Then click new. It allows virtually unlimited gestures (as many combinations as you can make with a mouse/keyboard)

That skin is really cool, Mike. I might use it after I get bored of Tango CL.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Netscape I think, I'm using a PSP (aka PlayStation Portable, Yahoo it) to browse all the websites including this. Woo hoo, I've learned a lot about Paint.NET's abilities here. Thank y'all!

The PSP has a costum browser developed by Netfront.

My friend just showed me this download accelerate called downloadthemall! for Mozilla Firefox which he said can increase your download speed by 400%.

Really? I will have to look for that. I really could use a boost. I am a bit of a download junkie.

This has probably already been answered (don't wanna read through all 7 pages :D ) but yeah, DTA can excellerate ur DL speed upto 400%. I LOVE it :D .