Sign in to follow this  
Mike Ryan

Paint.NET Internet Browser Discussion

Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which web browser is most likely to create the next revolutionary feature for web browsing?

• Mozilla/ Firefox
    • Apple Safari
    • Opera
    • Internet Explorer
    • Unkown Party
    • Dont care

I have to use IE 6, because by dad doesn't want to get the IE upgrade cos he says that it has 'bugs' in, and he won't let me get firefox either.

What the bloody potato? If you're using IE6, you're just letting your personal information get out there. IE6 has a TON of security holes. I hope you're not doing any purchasing online if you're still using IE6...

I mean, yeesh...if he thinks IE7 has bugs.... :roll:

Although one of the safest ways to shop online is Netscape. Only about 1% of web-users use it and that is decreasing. No-one would ever try to hack it.

Keep in mind that Netscape is just a skinned Firefox and also that tiny detail that Netscape has given up and is ending support for their browser.

The safest way to shop online is with Linux...

The safest way to shop online is...

Hidden Content:
Using common sense! Don't make transactions with untrusted or unknown sites and run scans before you buy.

What for, 2.0.0.13 or FF3b5?

For 2.0.0.13, nothing, just security patches and bug fixes, no new features. With the final release of FF3 looming closer with every milestone, its highly doubtful FF2 will see anything new.

As for FF3b5 features, just take a look at the b4 release notes: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3. ... easenotes/.

The schedule for b5 can also be found here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0b5. Don't forget that America is a day behind us, sabrown, so expect that day-delay between dates.

Safari Web Kit (Open Sourced) - 95

Safari 3.0.4-5523.15-52

Opera 9.5 Beta 1- 60

Firefox 3 Beta 4- 66

Firefox 3 Beta 3- 59

Firefox 3 Beta 2- 55

Firefox 2- 50

Opera 9- 45

Safari 3.0.4- 39

Internet Explorer 8- 17

Internet Explorer 7- UNKNOWN *

Internet Explorer 6- 12

Konqueror- 1

Konqueror Development Build-62

There are all the stats of common browsers. If i missed any please warn me.

The latest WebKit build scores a perfect 100. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

* HAHAHA! IE sucks!

----

I used to be an all out Firefox guy, but I'm starting to use Safari now! weird huh? it's missing some key stuff that I like, but I can adjust.

Firefox Beta 5 released!

Remember, it's still in beta, so don't expect all your plugins to work, and do expect the occasional bug.

From here-on-in, it's all RCs until the predicted final release in June.

EDIT:

This blog reviews the latest release rather well, including the new true full screen - I'm very pleased with this alone - and the update on Acid3 compatibility. Unfortunately, it turns out there won't be much in the way of that anymore:

As of Beta 5, Firefox 3 scores 71/100 in the Acid3 test, behind Opera and WebKit (Safari engine) development releases which achieved both 100% last week. While the value of the Acid3 test was questioned recently by Mozilla’s Mike Shaver, in practice, Firefox is just too close to release to focus on Acid3 compatibility right now.
Oh well.

Only one downfall thus far (of all the five minutes of using it (and yes, expected)), is that AdBlock Plus has not been updated, so I have to get used to bally adverts littering up the Internet, like the scourge that the majority are. Other than that, nothing bad: nice theme updates - apart from the chunkier Reload icon - and other cool little updates here and there.

Have you seen the reskin of the Mozilla add-on center? Looks sleeker, but more bulky. Less white space is a good thing, but it looks too modulated and fragmented for my tastes.

It's a refresh, and that's what I like about it at the moment.

I may begin to dislike it later on when I'm more used to it, but for the time being, I like it.

I like both, but I'm more used to IE7 than Firefox. One thing IE has that Firefox doesn't is the "Use Open Tabs Next Time" feature. I really like saving sessions with having to use the "Save All Tabs" feature, and it's easier in Internet Explorer.

Opera has had "Save Session" functionality forever. Simply go to File> Sessions> Save this Session. Best of all, if you have Opera Mobile you can import your sessions on the go. Opera will always come out ftw. :wink:

Wow. I am the ONLY Safari user. And I don't even own a Mac. Lol.

I ahve to say, Safari really just LOOKS the best. It makes ALL text look better compared to everything else. ESPECIALLY ARIAL. ZOMG, arial looks GREAT in Safari. I would probably use Firefox if it didn't have viruses or somehting of the sort.

That's a weird thing to say about the second most popular internet browser on the internet today...