Fixing leaks?

When I'm drawing an image, most of the time I will miss one pixel, there for when I try to select only the inside of the outline it selects the outside as well. I consider this a 'leak'. Most of the time I will find the leak, but it involves valueable time, and sometimes can take a while to find. I was wondering if any one knew a trick to point out 'leaks'.

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

I was wondering if any one knew a trick to point out 'leaks'.
How are you finding them now?

In cases such as these, I select as normal, keeping on the selection tool to retain the blue selection overlay, zoom in to a reasonable distance and patch the breaks in the blue. Yes, it takes time. It may also be helpful to draw your lines (if that is what your are doing) at a line width of 3+, therefore a high tolerance (69% for me) is unlikely to penetrate prematurely.

I was wondering if any one knew a trick to point out 'leaks'.
How are you finding them now?

In cases such as these, I select as normal, keeping on the selection tool to retain the blue selection overlay, zoom in to a reasonable distance and patch the breaks in the blue. Yes, it takes time. It may also be helpful to draw your lines (if that is what your are doing) at a line width of 3+, therefore a high tolerance (69% for me) is unlikely to penetrate prematurely.

good suggestion, right now im basically just zooming in and searching the entire image, i try to make sure im not createing and leaks while im drawing, but it seems like i always miss something, i wasnt sure if there was a way that i could like invert the image or something in a bright color, this way the break would be much more visible, i used to draw in a bright pink with a black background then if i leaked i would see it, maybe ill go back to that.

japannese.jpg

Your holes are something to be expected when manually drawing, no need to beat yourself up for them. ;)

Inverting would do little help as you would still be stuck with one colour, albeit an inverted one to the original. The pink lines is a good suggestion, and if you feel comfortable with it, so be it.

Well, I offered by suggestion, but as I always declare, it may not be the only option available to you; we'll see if someone can offer their two pence's worth on the issue.

Your holes are something to be expected when manually drawing, no need to beat yourself up for them. ;)

Inverting would do little help as you would still be stuck with one colour, albeit an inverted one to the original. The pink lines is a good suggestion, and if you feel comfortable with it, so be it.

Well, I offered by suggestion, but as I always declare, it may not be the only option available to you; we'll see if someone can offer their two pence's worth on the issue.

thanks a lot myrddin, if any one else has suggestions id love to hear them.

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

i normaly use the magic wand and select the icside of the shape and then look for where it "leaks" and "undo/deselect" then draw the link back into it :D

another good suggestion :P, i wish there was a way to create a plug in or somthing that maybe turned the image into certian colors to make it obvious to see the leaks

japannese.jpg

Quick way to fix leaks without finding them first: Outline Object.

Quick way to find leaks: Select the top half of the image and bucket fill. If it doesn't leak, the leak is in the bottom half. Repeat for the left and right, then search only in the area it's been narrowed down to. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Quick way to find leaks: Select the top half of the image and bucket fill. If it doesn't leak, the leak is in the bottom half. Repeat for the left and right, then search only in the area it's been narrowed down to. :-)

hmmmm, I never thought of either of those ways, great tips david, Somthing ill defenitely try.

I'm not familar with plug ins and creating them, and i understand you can create a plug in to do everything, but i dont understand it exactly, any way thats not my question. My question is, is it possible to create some sort of plug in that basically would search an image for leaks then highlight them?

japannese.jpg

i normaly use the magic wand and select the icside of the shape and then look for where it "leaks" and "undo/deselect" then draw the link back into it :D
this one works for me. you can see the leak

Quick way to find leaks: Select the top half of the image and bucket fill. If it doesn't leak' date=' the leak is in the bottom half. Repeat for the left and right, then search only in the area it's been narrowed down to. :-)[/quote']

I also use this method

combination of both should just about reslove all matters such as this.