Can someone please edit an image for me? I can't do it!!

Hello,

First, I'd like to say that I'm new to the forum. I did a quick search on how to add circular and/or curved text to my image; however, nothing works correctly for me!! :oops:

I've been at this for several hours now and can't do it!! **I have a headache now!** :(

A few hours ago I downloaded the Paint.net v3.30 Beta. That is what I'm working with........

I'm trying to edit a logo/graphic for my legal support Network. The graphic can be found here:

http://www.ips-notary.com/img/fpdEagle3.GIF

I'm trying to add circular/curved text at the top and bottom of the circle. The top should read, "United States Courts" (quotes removed) ----- while the bottom half should read, "Authorized Process Server" (quotes removed).

Here is an example of the top half:

http://www.ips-notary.com/img/fpdEagle.gif

Now I can't figure out how to add text to the bottom half. Therefore, can someone assist me by editing the image for me??????? I know it's a long shot, but it will be greatly appreciated.

You can edit the picture in the first link I sent you. I'm sure you ladies or gents can figure it out real quick! LOL It's probably the simplest request too! :D

You can email the picture to me at Korey @ IPS-Notary dot com. (Note: I've been told in the past that I should NOT put my email address on forums because of automatic robots that will take my email address and will deliver SPAM/advertisements to my account.... I'm not sure if this is true... however better safe then sorry.)

Thank you very much for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated!

~Korey

While I was beavering away, Ash beat me to it.

[attachment=0]APS.png[/attachment]

I used a different method, involving Polar to Rect, add the text, then Rect to Polar.

If you want full details I can write them up.

-CJ

I think I know how you did it, sounds like a cool idea :)

It's good to learn different methods.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

[attachment=0]APS.png[/attachment]

I used a different method, involving Polar to Rect, add the text, then Rect to Polar.

If you want full details I can write them up.

-CJ

I'd love to hear the details. new methods are always appealing. if not for this application then something else.

ciao OMA

z[/u]ed." ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Just one problem: In the U.S., it's spelled "Authorized." ;-)

Duly noted and now corrected...

What I did was...

1. Expand the canvas size to 3000 x 3000 (secondary colour transparent)

2. Run Polar to Rect effect (angular offset 90)

3. Create a new layer and insert the text, for width, where you want it to go (in this case between the stars)

4. Select and squash the height of the text to best fit.

5. Run Rect to Polar effect on each layer separately

6. Crop to get rid of exterior blank space

7. Align text as required to fit exactly.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png