[suggsetion] Categorize the Tutorialsection

Hey,

Everytime I look for a tutorial, I need to use Search or scroll trough the threats.

It's really annoying!

What about some Sub-forums to get an better overview?

I figured something like this:

#Photo Editing

#Rendering

#Text Effects

#Miscellaneous

#Requests

And I'm missing a coefficient of difficulty there you can set an difficult between

1 [noob] - 10 [expert]

rhfjdjejdca.png

This has been discussed many, many times. We've never come to any sort of agreement on how the final outcome should look.

But who knows? Maybe this time...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Why would this thread be locked? It is obviously of interest to some members (like myself). I would love to see the simple tutorials just get moved to the "simple tuts" forum, or better yet, just move the really good ones to the "expert tuts" section, so that nobody gets insulted.. kinda like what the sticky's are for, but with more room, since the sticky's take up almost a whole screen now.

Total hack.

This has been discussed many, many times. We've never come to any sort of agreement on how the final outcome should look.

But who knows? Maybe this time...

maybe because its been discussed and discussed to death! go look back and check the discussions using search. not much new to say about it. remember to read all the previous posts in a forum thread.

There was a major discussion thread on this subject about 6 months ago - Reorganising the Forum - Making Tutorials a top level index.

(please do not reply to that thread, as it is very old and against the forum rules) - the outcome of which was that I created a categorized tutorial section in the Paint.NET Wikibook started by usedHonda.

I haven't updated this in a while, but check it out, you'll find some of the best tutorials listed there, in a range of categories.

I really should get round to updating this with some of the best new tutorials...

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Nope, no new ideas. :-) The Wikibook is the best idea. Stick with that.

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.