Accessing the destination canvas from an effect dialog

Look! I spelled should wrong!

He is talking about OnSetRenderInfo... he just left out the "On".
You're a little late. But I had to make sure, since in an earlier beta version of PDN, OnSetRenderInfo was called SetRenderInfo.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You're a little late. But I had to make sure, since in an earlier beta version of PDN, OnSetRenderInfo was called SetRenderInfo.

Understood. I still think that SABrown is tackling this thing in a strange and twisted kinda way. SABrown, if you want to just pm your code to me, I'll be happy to take a look and see if maybe I can spot some places where I can help you out with some of the issues you are having... two heads are better than one, after all. Just a suggestion.

Total hack.

SetRenderInfo() is the public method, which then calls the protected and virtual OnSetRenderInfo(). But yeah an earlier build didn't have it split up like that.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

SetRenderInfo() is the public method, which then calls the protected and virtual OnSetRenderInfo().

And that is generally the standard way of doing things... which makes it intuitive for people like me... I very much appreciate it when API's follow the established conventions... it allows me to hit the ground running.

Total hack.