Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

I was up all night trying to figure out how to do something like that! Couldn't figure it out...

Here is my first attempt at pixel art:

pixelpyramidwm4.jpg

Have a look at this tutorial, as well as part 2 (on making a building) - it helped me a lot.

I also did many Google Image Searches for pixel buildings, houses, etc... and copied them into PDN, then zoomed in to take a look at how certain elements were constructed; this helped me with brick and grass textures. Try pasting my house picture into PDN and zoom into 800% -1200% to see the details.

Make sure to use many layers, putting each new element on a separate layer, so you can go back and correct mistakes, as well as copy/paste specific elements.

I started with simple cubes and pyramids and soon started to build up bigger pictures.

Have fun!

-CJ

Thanks for the link

Made this

th_yhsjjie.png

Is it really nessecary to put text here? Thought not :D

userbar819667.gif

hahaha this is harder than it looks. I read a whole comic series of pixel art (AMD) and I can't believe how long that would have to take... :P here's my feeble first attempt

blondeatmountains.gif

It's only 50x50 at 96 p/i, but my dad is daring me to try a 1080 p/i :shock: That would be really, really hard.

Edit:

He's cheering my first animated pixel art... him!

2.gif

sunglasses.gif

sunglasses!

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos