Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's pretty standard and the front line seems a bit off, but it's quite good for a starter.

I found an old and horrid portrait of me (I didn't even have dreads then) and tried to draw me with the paint brush.. I wish I had a tablet :(

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7056/lennartpainted.png

Is that still Pixel Art?

First Pixel Art image I've ever done... PixelAlien.png What do you guys think? :)

(To be completely honest... This was going to be a bottle. LOL)

EDIT: Awesome, anybody? PixelAw3some.png (I did use a referral image...Geez, do you think I have that memorized in my head?!) But, yeah.... It's kind of hard to get those thick lines with only 1px pencil >.>

Edited by ClockworkDemon

ArmyOf2copy-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

smilieguyanim.gif

yay! more emotes!!! XD

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 weeks later...

@ Pdnnoob, WAY COOL ! I love that little guy.

@ Paul, Very nice ! I've not tried to do any pixel work. You seem to have the knack for it. Have you seen the pixel art competition on the forum? You might be interested in trying it out.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Pdnnoob, WAY COOL ! I love that little guy.

@ Paul, Very nice ! I've not tried to do any pixel work. You seem to have the knack for it. Have you seen the pixel art competition on the forum? You might be interested in trying it out.

That sounds fun!

Is it really nessecary to put text here? Thought not :D

userbar819667.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, we need more entries so I can win.

wish granted. nice entry by the way ;) I was planning on asking you what it was, but never got around to it.

what do you think of my pixel art entry?

pixelartox.png

lots of pencil scribbles involved, but drawing individual blades of grass is quite tedious when done pixel by pixel...

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

it's anti-aliased -.- doesn't quite count. It looks awesome, though. You should join the next pixel art competition! I imagine you'll rock there.

Did you draw that gradient with individual pixels? o.0 You have a lot of patience if you did lol. nice job!

Guest PsychoHarmonic

it's anti-aliased -.- doesn't quite count. It looks awesome, though. You should join the next pixel art competition! I imagine you'll rock there.

Did you draw that gradient with individual pixels? o.0 You have a lot of patience if you did lol. nice job!

yeah is all individual pixels.

When is the next comp?

29nz8d2.pngThis is my collection... I have more. Yes that is mario in a speedo... lol

O.O lot's of cool cars here, and lol at Mario :lol:

yeah is all individual pixels.When is the next comp?

The current one just ended, so the next one should be starting soon.

Thanks boltbait.smile.png

The reference to mario was my brother playing the wii.

To the cars was made for my friend that he is making a racing game and wants me to make him 100 cars. boltbait.sad.png

He gave me references to car games he had he scrolled it to top down view.

So both were video games.

Lol nice Psycho Harmonic. boltbait.mrgreen.png

Edited by nestoflo