Sign in to follow this  
topezia

What are you reading?

I have read the Bible cover to cover! Best book ever :)

I read the Bible cover to cover every year. I'm on my 9th reading right now. It took me 3 1/2 years to read the Bible cover to cover to people at a nursing home. This week I read Judges 5 through Judges 8. If in the beginning He was the Word, then today He is the Word. I downloaded your three tutorials. I especially like the "Crumpled Paper". I hope to use that as a background on one of my web sites. I will be reviewing and adding a link to each review of your three tutorials. The reviews will be appearing at: http://things2you.wordpress.com/

Keep teaching, I think you have a calling in this area.

The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (And Other Stories)

~ Robert Louis Stevenson.

friend of mine who went to hawaii bought it for me. let's just say, it's amazing.

H.I.V.E.- Dreadnought.

It isn't exactly a well-known book, but it's the only one I can remember reading it cover-to-cover in one sitting.

*Still In the process of creating a signature*

Currentyl reading another short story collection of the great Stephen King, Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Some really good stories so far, especially liking the one with the finger in the wash-bowl...

Currentyl reading another short story collection of the great Stephen King, Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Some really good stories so far, especially liking the one with the finger in the wash-bowl...

I read that book. If I remember correctly, my fav was a story about a group of kids that swam out to a floating platform.

Wow! this thread goes back. Recently, I've been getting more and more into Stephen King.

The last few books I've read that I've quite enjoyed are:

Rose Madder by Stephen King

The Forgotten Fire by Adam Longname

and

And then there were none by Agatha Christie

I want to read more books but everytime I hear of a good book I always forget. :\

I'm thinking of reading Shogun though.

Oh, I rad that one a while ago. Touching, no? Odd, considering that, from a technical, analytic viewpoint, the book is the worst I've ever read. The sentence structure is repetitive and no literary devices are used very well, yet it manages to be a lovely story.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians. No doubt. Rick Riordan is writing a new series, but I'm not sure if it's as good.

As you may (or may not) know, I am quite young...

Read Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters in 30 minutes each, Titan's Curse in an hour, the Battle of the Labyrinth in 2 hours, and The Last Olympian (IMHO the best of the series) in 3 hours. So 7 hours for 5 books... :P

Still interesting series...

Slaughterhouse Five (or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death) by Kurt Vonnegut. It goes all over the place!

Edited by St1cki3

I don't claim to be extra-ordinarily well-read, but my favorites are:

• Ender's Game

• The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

• Anything by Edgar Allen Poe

• Anything by C.S. Lewis

:)

You're alive?!?! O.O

anyways, most recent books i've read are The Iliad and The Odyssey. Both had horrible endings, although I quite enjoyed the funky translations. :\

I recently just started "She's coming Undone" by Wally Lamb, so far, I like it. 

This thread is a bit slow of late..., :(

Just finished 'Excession' by Iain M Banks.

Terribly complicated story. I resorted to writing chapter summaries to keep tabs on what was going on.

Damn good read!

I always have hard times picking favorites, there are so many good books out there, but 'The Cider House Rules' by John Irving really left an impression.

Sci-Fi: The Windup Girl (by Paolo Bacigalupi) comes highly recommended.

Future state of earth is food shortages and mutant strains of disease ripping through what crops can be teased from the barren earth. The story is set in Thailand and has lots of atmosphere (language, setting & characters).

Bacigalupi has an imagination to rival Iain M Banks and the story is packed with brilliant insights as to how life might be in this setting. Wonderful.

I love me some good sci fi, if I see it at the half price bookstore, I might pick it up.

In related news, I would highly recommend Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan saga to any sci fi fans.