The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

I hesitate to post this because I don't like comment on what a drawing needs based on my opinion unless asked, however, since you are considering a tutorial for this I would like to suggest including a "lighter area" in the black "thickness" of the text, to indicate the light (which is causing the reflection on the text) hitting there also. I made a quickie just to show you what I mean. No offense intended and I look forward to your tut as I had to guess at a lot of this to make my example and it's not right.

3DText.jpg

I know exactly what you mean but i believe it's too much for the tutorial since using the alpha mask plugin is the only way to get it to look right and it is kinda time consuming.

I have made previous 3d logos with the side glare:

jtlogo2ad2.th.png

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I made this picture a while ago and i would like to know if any1 knows the tutorial I used, I have been using the tutorials on this site for a while, but when i tried to make an account with my yahoo email address, it said I wasn't allowed. So heres the picture, any1 know the name of the tutorial?

crappywater-1.png

Locked and moved into the new Pictorium Forum!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.