The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Did you check out the PDN file I posted for the brush metal? Are you sure you still need the tut after you study the PDN file?

I don't understand what you are talking about with Tourist? What did you see while searching for my posts? :shock:

Do I look more idiot if my answer is yes, I still need the tut or if I say that

after studying the Pdn file all I could sort out till now is the attached file .... :( (still fighting to get the black image with white scratchings) :roll: ?

... I was talking about an image made by Tourist (a button with a dolphin) which I saw while browsing pages to search for your post on brushed metal..

and well, I'll do my part to learn how to use thumbnails in my posts :)

Ciao ciao

10662_24fc1f81177661a07123691f58010c95

*Stupid question: How do you turn an image into a thumbnail? lol

Here one I'm working on.

I'm trying to create a CD cover for my band, I like this one, but not so much for the cover for this particular album, I want the cover to some how display the name of the band (Nascent Descent) and/or the title of the album (Standing Tall). I just can't figure out how to display either of these. Any one have suggestions?

CDCover1.jpg

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Ash, nice w.i.p. (a giant assembly plant for robots?) but I am waiting a tut for the :Up: brushed metal!

@Tourist I saw it now while browsing pages to search for Ash' post.... Cute dolphin/shark :D button!

Did you check out the PDN file I posted for the brush metal? Are you sure you still need the tut after you study the PDN file?

I don't understand what you are talking about with Tourist? What did you see while searching for my posts? :shock:

And people, people, please learn to use thumbnails when quoting. :idea:

Enjoy the WIP 8)

Sneak_peek_at_WIP_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

Oh. Mi. Gallegaskins. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. :)

Might be a while, that is just a small part of the whole. :P

Thanks Topezia, and nice WIP Ash. Topezia was talking about a fish button I made that you can mouse over to make it glow.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

*Stupid question: How do you turn an image into a thumbnail? lol

th_CDCover1.jpg

To just do like I did above, add a "th_" in front of the image name...right-click on it and select Properties to see.

If you want a clickable thumbnail, select the image in your photobucket account and then scroll down to the "Generate IMG & HTML code" button. :)

@K.digennaro: Thanks for asking the stupid question... and, Lionhearted thanks for replying! (saved me from lots of searches on how to do it :D )

lots of colors starting from light rays through sine waves and gradient mapping and color adjustements and.. well I think it's just color but well matched, Good night/day/evening everybody

lightrays.png

i tried to color one of my sketches in PDN... here's my crappy result:

motherhoodwipns9.th.png

Quite gross. But there's no doubting that you have artistic talent.

Now, I'm posting this in here as well as in the actual competition thread because I'm an attention whore who loves feedback. :P

PDN_skin_contest_entry__Youtub_by_Tendercrisp.png

Source images are outlined in the deviation description.

Do I look more idiot if my answer is yes, I still need the tut or if I say that

after studying the Pdn file all I could sort out till now is the attached file .... :( (still fighting to get the black image with white scratchings) :roll: ?

... I was talking about an image made by Tourist (a button with a dolphin) which I saw while browsing pages to search for your post on brushed metal..

and well, I'll do my part to learn how to use thumbnails in my posts :)

Ciao ciao

Don't worry about it :)

Check here viewtopic.php?p=155398#p155398

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I made an avatar which looked great just after I made it:

stickout_with_text_188_x_188_.jpg

but then I had to resize it and it doesn't look as good:

Paint_avatar.jpg

How does one keep the sharpness after resizing? Or should one make the avatar real small from the start?

Any tips much appreciated. Thanks.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I made an avatar which looked great just after I made it:

stickout_with_text_188_x_188_.jpg

but then I had to resize it and it doesn't look as good:

Paint_avatar.jpg

How does one keep the sharpness after resizing? Or should one make the avatar real small from the start?

Any tips much appreciated. Thanks.

Did you try resizing by Best Quality?

omExTE6.png

Thanks for the tip Jerkfight but no, I did not use that option. I used PIXresizer and there is no option for Best Quality.

You should resize it in Paint.NET, it helps a lot, also you can try using a plugin called Feather do make the edges less rough

Forsomeoneelse.png

I tried to edit for you

Url-http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z267/jerkfight/Forsomeoneelse.png

omExTE6.png

Don't worry about it :)

Check here viewtopic.php?p=155398#p155398

Thanks a lot, I think I am approaching but I ended up overdoing with blurs, gaussian blur +, zoom blur etc. so things went a bit out of control ( ahem smells of ...excuses... :roll: ...excuses) of course nothing to do with master:

metallospazzolatodiAsh.png

and while playing with settings of light rays in the hopeless intent to reach the perfect one I got this (could it be a falling bomb? or may be it looks like a suppository ... :lol: )

replicaashdoposhape3dcylinderezoomb.png

and this (could it be a a space station?) the answer to both is questions is: no...

replicaashdoposhape3dcylindereradia.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kreeos Is that inspired by Children of the corn (horror movie from a S. King novel, if I am not wrong)?

@Tendercrisp: I laughed a lot too for your self-description :D

@yosuhara: Yes, that definitely disturbed me and yet yes that definitely is Art! (if it is true that art must be disturbing also) inspired by Francis Bacon?

Thanks for the tip Jerkfight but no, I did not use that option. I used PIXresizer and there is no option for Best Quality.

You should resize it in Paint.NET, it helps a lot, also you can try using a plugin called Feather do make the edges less rough

Forsomeoneelse.png

I tried to edit for you

Url-http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z267/jerkfight/Forsomeoneelse.png

Thanks for all of the above! I didn't know I could resize in Paint! Still so much to learn.

:mrgreen:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.