The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

And so Expiration dived into the mysterious world of glass...

th_GlassExperiment.png

*with cjmcguinness' as an example

Looking good, you obviously figured out the Shape 3D settings no problem. It does, however, look somewhat 'cloudy'.

Try toning down the contrast of the base image. Also, if you lower the opacity of the glass block and duplicate it, using curves and combinations of layer blend modes (color dodge or reflect) you might get a better result.

Also, try putting some sort of background, something that will show off the glass and allow you to play with refractions (distortions through the glass).

-CJ

Thanks for the tip CJ, being a master "glass blower" yourself. :D

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Looking good, you obviously figured out the Shape 3D settings no problem. It does, however, look somewhat 'cloudy'.

Try toning down the contrast of the base image. Also, if you lower the opacity of the glass block and duplicate it, using curves and combinations of layer blend modes (color dodge or reflect) you might get a better result.

Also, try putting some sort of background, something that will show off the glass and allow you to play with refractions (distortions through the glass).

-CJ

Thanks for the tip CJ, being a master "glass blower" yourself. :D

I wouldn't consider myself a 'master' by any means; I've just discovered this technique recently and am learning all the time. But thanks anyway for the compliment - looking forward to your next effort.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

finger.png

Working on a human hand, so that I can eventually get a nice looking sig going. Sorry I hid the layers, I didnt notice till I posted. I also realize that it needs some work, from the outline to some more blending in the shades of black and white. Overall, I think I am getting the jist of it, and constructive critizism(sp :?: ) is needed.

signature.png

very nice, i like it, the clouds could use some work though

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

i would set your

Primary: White

Secondary: Completely transparent

Render Clouds, choose appropriate settings

gaussian blur and cut and paste the clouds where you want

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

@Valor Knight: Very nice :)

I thought I would post this one, knowing that it's 100% Paint.NET, no source images.

weirdness.jpg

I have like 10 others just like that in my PDN image folder, but that one is more of a combination of the others.

EDIT:

weirdness2.png

In compressed PNG format, with border :)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

ive made some new abstracts im gonna use as wallpapers

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... blocks.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... attern.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... paper1.jpg

i really like how the second one came out and the swirls on the last one are brushes from photoshop(i dont have ps though lol :D ) constructive critism welcome :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3