The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

I was just messing around with this plane I found on google. Any tips on how to do this better:

BEFORE

Plane1.png0294514.jpg

AFTER

Plane2.png

I think it looks great! Can you tell us how you did it?

Quite simple actually,

I simply pasted the plane

tiled the camo design

tilted to the camo design to align with the plane and tiled again

magic wand to outline the plane

delete the selected around camo design

change blending mode to multiple

add plane layer on top and change to multiple and reduce transparency slightly

thats it :)

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

• [*:2fdf1]Make a new layer on top of it
    [*:2fdf1]Draw an outline of the car with the brush
    [*:2fdf1]Refine it with brush and eraser until it matches the car as exactly as possible
    [*:2fdf1]Use magic wand to turn the interior of the outline into a selection

(You may have noticed that this is actually a layer mask approach without layer masks ;))

Might be easier than to to this with lasso; though PdN's lasso actually gives more useful visual feedback than in most other programs

To select the whole car I use the Magic Wand and hold control to "add". If the wand picks up too much, I just lower the tolerance and I can usually get it within what I need. Then I can come back afterwards and trim here and there.

To BarkBark00,

The Easy Button looks better now, the original one has some dithering showing up, but this one is more solid...I'm guessing you blurred it? However I would have seperated the "EASY" to another layer so that it didn't get blurred as well. And the little lens flair is a good choice. I actually really like that brushed metal look :D

And no I wasn't the driver, I have no idea who that was...poor guy doesn't even know he's an Internet superstar 8)

To BarkBark00,

The Easy Button looks better now, the original one has some dithering showing up, but this one is more solid...I'm guessing you blurred it? However I would have seperated the "EASY" to another layer so that it didn't get blurred as well. And the little lens flair is a good choice. I actually really like that brushed metal look

I actually started over from scratch. The text is actually on a separate layer, in fact there are 3 layers just for the text. The text is a little blurred but the idea was to have it look like it was sticking off the button.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

You know, to get rid of that aliasing, you can draw two ellipsis' on a black background, one white (the larger one) and one black (the smaller one on the bottom right), so that the white area is the shape of the swoosh, save it as a PNG, then use the Alpha Mask Import plugin over the gradient layer.

Just a suggestion. :wink: It looks like it has promise, though. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

You know, to get rid of that aliasing, you can draw two ellipsis' on a black background, one white (the larger one) and one black (the smaller one on the bottom right), so that the white area is the shape of the swoosh, save it as a PNG, then use the Alpha Mask Import plugin over the gradient layer.

Just a suggestion. :wink: It looks like it has promise, though. :)

Thanks, i will have to try that, its going to be harder to do it, conserding i have no clue what you just said, but after reading it a couple times, i'll get it :wink: . And thanks, yea, after its done, I will post it up...