The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@ silent-9 - wonderfully creepy. :shock:

@ verndewd - Nice.

Here's my latest foray into 3D. A simple wineglass. As usual, I managed to make the shape without trouble... making this look like glass is another story. [rushes back to experiment further]

wineglass.jpg

If the glass continues to elude me, I shall just make a metal goblet. Or something. :/

If you're using Shape3D, try turning on the Transparency function. Then turn the specular highlight up and make the reflection as crisp as possible.

Oh, and the shadow isn't quite right at the base.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The shadow weirds me out too. The particular angle of it is tricky for me to nail. (Still working on it :))

And making it transparent (which I did slightly in the example I posted) works, but it's not quite what I'm looking for out of it. I'm trying for something that looks more glassy. Almost to the point that the only thing tipping you off that it's even there is the reflection of light off of it. I'm thinking that if I have a light blue-ish color around the edges, it should give me what I'm looking for. But just putting it on afterwards removes any sense of depth.

I'm still thinking of stuff, and will hopefully have a more glassy looking glass up soon. (That was fun to say. haha)

You're going to need to take a look at how refractions and reflections work if that's what you're going for. You're right; the purer the glass, the more the chance that its reflections and refractions are the only way you'll see it. Might be more than a little bit too much math for something not required, though...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@ nab - looks pretty neat. I just don't know what it is. o.O

@ topic - ok, I've played with the transparency ... and stuff. So here's my "it almost isn't even really there" wineglass.

transparentglass.png

Though I'm sort of concerned I may have passed "glass" and gone to "ghostly translucent". :/

I go for ambiguous light first and then glass edge thickness illusion, surface is a hard thing to randomize and ambiguous internal is relatively simple.

Ok, so I got... around 6 words out of all that. :shock:

th_transparentglass.png

Though I'm sort of concerned I may have passed "glass" and gone to "ghostly translucent". :/

I go for ambiguous light first and then glass edge thickness illusion, surface is a hard thing to randomize and ambiguous internal is relatively simple.

Ok, so I got... around 6 words out of all that. :shock:

I didn't understand it :shock: :?

Anyways, This is something I was working on while making Lava lamp v2.

But never posted any where.

See if it will give you some ideas. :)

And yes, it's unfinished.

2b781897.jpg

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Start.png

Nab yours turned out better than the ps tut. seriously.

I want a save history option.

2b781897.jpg

^ this pretty much sums it up. you cant get much more ambiguous. Or implicitly random. maybe generic ? A non definitive reflective or refractive illusion. It has the illusion of 3d depth yet isnt.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

@ Ash, I'll be sure to try that later. It might just do the trick! :)

@ verndewd - ... my. brain. hurts. (Though I know what you mean this time around. haha)

Ok, so I'm laying down and can't sleep. So I decide to toy with my glass some more (only to realize just now Ash's hourglass thing). So rather than start from scratch again, I added some 'wine' to the glass (to help the illusion of depth) and improved the base a little.

wine-1.pngwine.jpg

(It's nearly invisible on white... :/ Here it is again with a darker color to help define the edges)

Maybe now that I got that out I'll be able to sleep. :shock:

I'm new to the pictorium, this is my first submitted picture so far.

Before:

IMG_0009-2.jpg

and after:

Autumn001Fence.jpg

this was about after 3 weeks of learning to use the program

I've been using and learning for about 2 months now.

I have a lot of stuff I messed around with, maybe I'll post more up, but we'll see how this does for now :-)

very pretty

thank you :-)