Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

Ok, so I think I've got the firey meteor text thing to the point where I could make a tutorial out of the process (if it seems worthy of one).

So far I've got two methods of making the "fire". Both very similar, but one's a little longer (step wise) than the other. Can someone help me decide which of these looks better?

tuttext.jpg

===

@ verndewd - Looks pretty neat. xD

@wither: I dunno. Personally, I like how the one on the right is styled. it kinda makes it look like u burned off the "l" which comes before the e, though (not that it's a bad thing. Burning stuff is good. It says "subtle", right? Or is it shuttle? My glasses aren't working as good as it should. I think I need new ones..)

Ok, I think it should be more readable. I used a little less motion blur than last time and tried focusing the flames lower.

It says 'subtle'. Mainly because I can't think of anything less subtle than a meteor crashing to the ground in a fiery explosion. >:]

Yay irony!

tut_text.jpg

hmm its still a little hard to read... try going from clear to blury... maybe that might help ...

Ok, so I think I've got the firey meteor text thing to the point where I could make a tutorial out of the process (if it seems worthy of one).

So far I've got two methods of making the "fire". Both very similar, but one's a little longer (step wise) than the other. Can someone help me decide which of these looks better?

tuttext.jpg

===

@ verndewd - Looks pretty neat. xD

the right one is better IMO...

It's moving and burning, it can't be perfect...Let's make a tut to share your method, you'll have more advices back!

It remember me an old stuff: firey smiley

hotsmile2.jpg

zookey I like the fish. I have a wacom and never use it I find line curve and the mouse easier.

Ego Eram Reputo I think the stone is great

wow Ash that is beautiful as usual

Chris2fer your chrome is looking great

salu your stuff always makes me smile

Something I have been working on. The reindeer was something I painted on sweat shirts for the kids at Christmas a long time ago. I feel like I have seen him just like that standing in the road with the lights reflecting off the snow. He is not done.

reindeer1sm.png

@janetsue - I like the deer. He seems regal and important.

@Madjik, Panhead, david.atwell, worldnewser - following your suggestion of the right one, I based the tutorial off of that.

The version on the left was just an elliptical selection instead of an S3D dome.

@ JanetSue --> Thanks for the comment on Spike (the fish)

I Love the Reigndeer! Did you draw the deer free hand or is this something you had in a file somewhere? I agree that is looks like when you stand on the steps and the light reflects on the falling snow......... kinda like it is outside right now!

@vern: your right the cd still needs some work but it looks good.

here's a little something i was trying out. think this came out really good used Asmageddon Prince plug-in Strange Bulger Kaleidoscope to get the weave 100% Paint.NET

BlueWeaveWallpaper.png

first ever cd so go figure :P I like how you got a crumpled metal shine there, but honestly the jaggies really detract from what could be a really cool wallpaper. I dont say that often as a matter of fact I think its the first aa annoyance I have ever experienced here.

Most likely due to the fact that it takes so much away from an other wise excellent scheme. As a thumb you think wow thats cool and then you zoom and,,,, Need to blur some edges there is too much cool going on not to.

could you throw 2 cents into the chrome 101 tut? Maybe something simple and unrevealing? Youre one of the folks persuing chrome so it would be cool to have a couple simple ideas that dont reveal everything about your technique.

i did use aa on this thats the funny thing about it but for the jaggys on the metal i like it that way means keep your hands away from sharp edges lol as soon as i figure on copy each level to my chrome i will sometimes i get it too work right sometimes i don't it's a freak of nature.

I haven't gotten a Wacom......... but I have a fish his name is Spike -->

th_Spike.png

<>

And here is Spike in his aquarium -->

th_spikeintank.png

<>

Tell me what you think! Doesn't even compare to yours Twisted Wiskers, but it was fun making them!

Zookey I think Spike looks great 8) and I love his aquarium Nemos is looking a bit bare *lol*

@Janettesue I do like the deer just needs a red nose and you have Ruldolf :lol:

Here is a pretty neat-looking...portal that somehow originated from the Mandelbrot Fractal:

Portal2.png

I can't remember the exact steps but it was sure as heck long to make! :D