Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

Hello,

I know, I've been missing for a while. I've missed quite a lot of great stuff here, like 300 or so pictorium pages! :shock: Guess I shouldn't stay away too long. :wink:

Here are a few pieces I just finished. As always, click for full view.

th_DogDaySunrise640.jpg

th_FireIce640.jpg

This one is intended as a wallpaper. I have widescreen and standard resolution available at deviantart.

th_display_1a.jpg

Have a windows mobile phone? Theme available at DA also.

Welcome back jpope; seems like you've been gone forever.

I was only looking at your dA page the other day to see if I'd been missing anything.

I was experimenting with pluggins and the results were stunning... It looks like a transporter for trekkies...teehee

I now have it on my desktop stretched and friends tell me its cool but hard on the eyes...lol it matches my windows.. :lol:

warpy.jpg

Hi, I'm back again.

Just been trying out a few of the effects and plug ins available as well as doing a couple of tuts.

Tell me if you like

workinprogess6bt3.th.jpg weirdthingtj4.th.png orangeswirlsiq9.th.png iwishforagreenfutureaw6.th.jpg explosionnv7.th.png

earthps4.th.png bluebaseuh0.th.png blendyb5.th.jpg antiquing1jpgfr1.th.jpg 24537144lv0.th.png

Sorry if this was too large, please tell me so and I shall keep the sizes down from now on.

Edited to clickable thumbnails by Ash

Click on edit button to learn how to do clickable thumbnails.

Notice the .th

Or please don't post such large images again, 800x600 is your best bet.

Pretty standard stuff that everybody on this forum makes.

Just 1 advise on the earth moon, Moon is too close to the Earth.

All and all pretty good job following the tuts.

thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

What do you think of them though (just searching for some constructive criticism)?

Good job following the tuts, that's one of the best ways to learn. Keep at it, but don't forget to experiment and try something original, that's just as good a way to learn.

Ive been trying the shiny tutorial by vern and I seem to be having trouble with the chrome, can anyone help me with what Im doing wrong.

chromehq7.png

First off I didnt get what he said by outline gradient, or somthing like that

and idk why its so jagged and has little white spots must of been my cutting it out with a magic wand :?

Hi I recently got myself a Wacom It really makes life so much easier,

Here is Nemo ! :lol:

th_Nemo.jpg

and here is Nemo In his new home, ........

th_Fishbowl.jpg

I haven't gotten a Wacom......... but I have a fish his name is Spike -->

th_Spike.png

<>

And here is Spike in his aquarium -->

th_spikeintank.png

<>

Tell me what you think! Doesn't even compare to yours Twisted Wiskers, but it was fun making them!

@ zookey - Looks great. :D

@ chris2fer - Hmm, I can't really tell where you're straying from the tutorial steps.

---

Someone found a "Meteor text" tutorial for PS, so I did my best to recreate it in PdN.

(There's another example of this in another thread)

Someone at my old church asked me to make a desktop for them, so here it is. :)

th_uvmeteor.jpg

^ Clickiez!

Full sized 1280x1024 version

The planet was thrown in to make the scene look more full.

Good point, but it feels like drawing part of a planet in the corner throws off the angle (to me).

Let's say that the "meteor's" picture has been taken from the point of view of something already in the upper atmosphere with the planet out of the field of vision.

... Yeah, that works... I think.

th_uvmeteor.jpg

^ Clickiez!

Full sized 1280x1024 version

The planet was thrown in to make the scene look more full.

Pretty good, but nothing will burn up in "space" like that, only when it enter atmosphere. :idea:

I know nothing about astonomy....... but don't commets burn in Outer Space? or is there no planet like part to them....... gasious body?

Good point, but it feels like drawing part of a planet in the corner throws off the angle (to me).

Let's say that the "meteor's" picture has been taken from the point of view of something already in the upper atmosphere with the planet out of the field of vision.

... Yeah, that works... I think.

Make the background sky, the way it looks like someone is looking up, with some Zoom blur Delux so it's like the "letters" is droping fast. :idea:

I know nothing about astonomy....... but don't commets burn in Outer Space? or is there no planet like part to them....... gasious body?

The sun (or any stars) is melting the comet's ice so it has a tail.

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Comet_tails.gif

Notice the tail is alway opposite to where the sun is

@Ash,

Thanks for the lesson on Astronomy. I used to know those things but that is when I was young. My kids know more about all of that now then I had ever learned.

@Wither,

I like your pic (regardless of the inability to burn in Outer Space) but Ash is right if you lightened the background to make it look like your looking up at a night sky, it woud still be really cool!

th_uvmeteor1.jpg

I added a planet. I think the angle of approach could work, if it doesn't impact the planet, it should 'slingshot' around it.

I also tried doing your sky suggestion, Ash, but I couldn't make it how I wanted, so I decided not to.

How's it look now?

Also redid the "ringed moon" planet. Before it just looked like this circle hanging around out there. :/

Edit: th_meteorplanet1.jpg

I noticed that after adding the planet in the corner, the planet with rings looks like it's only a few feet away. Recolored and shrunk.

Ive been trying the shiny tutorial by vern and I seem to be having trouble with the chrome, can anyone help me with what Im doing wrong.

chromehq7.png

First off I didnt get what he said by outline gradient, or somthing like that

and idk why its so jagged and has little white spots must of been my cutting it out with a magic wand :?

your center gradients,,,,, lets talk in my thread ok? The tut thread I can explain whats going on chris. :D

its snowing up a storm outside so I'm feeling like its just about Christmas :lol:

new sig I made tonight to send off a note to the grandkids that the list better be in my email tomorrow morning for what they wish to recieve for Christmas.