The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

What do you think of them though (just searching for some constructive criticism)?

Good job following the tuts, that's one of the best ways to learn. Keep at it, but don't forget to experiment and try something original, that's just as good a way to learn.

Ive been trying the shiny tutorial by vern and I seem to be having trouble with the chrome, can anyone help me with what Im doing wrong.

chromehq7.png

First off I didnt get what he said by outline gradient, or somthing like that

and idk why its so jagged and has little white spots must of been my cutting it out with a magic wand :?

fireysigjs6.png

Hi I recently got myself a Wacom It really makes life so much easier,

Here is Nemo ! :lol:

th_Nemo.jpg

and here is Nemo In his new home, ........

th_Fishbowl.jpg

I haven't gotten a Wacom......... but I have a fish his name is Spike -->

th_Spike.png

<>

And here is Spike in his aquarium -->

th_spikeintank.png

<>

Tell me what you think! Doesn't even compare to yours Twisted Wiskers, but it was fun making them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

@ zookey - Looks great. :D

@ chris2fer - Hmm, I can't really tell where you're straying from the tutorial steps.

---

Someone found a "Meteor text" tutorial for PS, so I did my best to recreate it in PdN.

(There's another example of this in another thread)

Someone at my old church asked me to make a desktop for them, so here it is. :)

th_uvmeteor.jpg

^ Clickiez!

Full sized 1280x1024 version

The planet was thrown in to make the scene look more full.

Good point, but it feels like drawing part of a planet in the corner throws off the angle (to me).

Let's say that the "meteor's" picture has been taken from the point of view of something already in the upper atmosphere with the planet out of the field of vision.

... Yeah, that works... I think.

th_uvmeteor.jpg

^ Clickiez!

Full sized 1280x1024 version

The planet was thrown in to make the scene look more full.

Pretty good, but nothing will burn up in "space" like that, only when it enter atmosphere. :idea:

I know nothing about astonomy....... but don't commets burn in Outer Space? or is there no planet like part to them....... gasious body?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

Good point, but it feels like drawing part of a planet in the corner throws off the angle (to me).

Let's say that the "meteor's" picture has been taken from the point of view of something already in the upper atmosphere with the planet out of the field of vision.

... Yeah, that works... I think.

Make the background sky, the way it looks like someone is looking up, with some Zoom blur Delux so it's like the "letters" is droping fast. :idea:

I know nothing about astonomy....... but don't commets burn in Outer Space? or is there no planet like part to them....... gasious body?

The sun (or any stars) is melting the comet's ice so it has a tail.

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Comet_tails.gif

Notice the tail is alway opposite to where the sun is

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

@Ash,

Thanks for the lesson on Astronomy. I used to know those things but that is when I was young. My kids know more about all of that now then I had ever learned.

@Wither,

I like your pic (regardless of the inability to burn in Outer Space) but Ash is right if you lightened the background to make it look like your looking up at a night sky, it woud still be really cool!

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

th_uvmeteor1.jpg

I added a planet. I think the angle of approach could work, if it doesn't impact the planet, it should 'slingshot' around it.

I also tried doing your sky suggestion, Ash, but I couldn't make it how I wanted, so I decided not to.

How's it look now?

Also redid the "ringed moon" planet. Before it just looked like this circle hanging around out there. :/

Edit: th_meteorplanet1.jpg

I noticed that after adding the planet in the corner, the planet with rings looks like it's only a few feet away. Recolored and shrunk.

Ive been trying the shiny tutorial by vern and I seem to be having trouble with the chrome, can anyone help me with what Im doing wrong.

chromehq7.png

First off I didnt get what he said by outline gradient, or somthing like that

and idk why its so jagged and has little white spots must of been my cutting it out with a magic wand :?

your center gradients,,,,, lets talk in my thread ok? The tut thread I can explain whats going on chris. :D

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

I've been playing with stone textures. How am I doing? Realistic?

stonetext.jpg

Real enough? More to come :D

Glass_and_Reflections_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

Holy Carp!

Can't come fast enough...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.